Chapter: 38

After the final exams of the final year students...

Rahul's POV

Tanu inquired, "How was your exam?"

I replied, "It was fine."

Tanu suggested, "That's so nice. Your exams have completed. Mine will start within a few days. Bhaii, we should go somewhere after my exams, a small picnic. We will have fun."

I wasn't interested in her talks.

I said, "Tanu, we will decide later. Right now, I want to concentrate on my office work. I have promised Dad that I will join the office after my exams."

Tanu persisted, "But bhaii, he didn't mean that you should join the office the next day after completing your exams."

I expressed, "Tanu, I am in a bad emotional state right now. I hope you understand. Many things have happened in the last year, and I am not able to digest it. Right now, I need some peace. I hope you don't mind, but please leave me alone."

Tanu said, "But bhaii..."

I gestured for her to leave. I was feeling weird. I was unable to overcome the breakup with Anju, but Tanu had instantly forgotten about her love. I had a weird question—was she so fast to forget everything? Then I thought to ignore it.

The past days had exhausted me. I recalled the day when I last met Anjali. She apologized to me for Rohit's behavior.

"Why, Anjali? You are making me crazy day by day. Don't you love me? If you had someone else in your life, then why did you kiss me? This is getting so complicated. You have hurt me, Anjali. I loved you madly. I know I have not expressed it to you, but still, I was one of your best friends."

I hit the table, and the sound echoed in my bedroom. Due to the hitting, something fell down. I bent to pick it up, and it was none other than my favorite butterfly bracelet.

"Hi, Ms. Bracelet. You are the only one who takes care of me. I am depressed. I don't know what to do. I have lost my love. You know everything, right? I don't know why Anjali is doing this to me. Even Rohit hurt me by slapping my sister. Were they not wrong? I hope you were physically alive in front of me. I would have hugged you. Maybe that could have given me some relief. I am going mad. I need some peace. That's why I am going to the office from tomorrow. Maybe work will give me some peace which I want for now."

Anjali's POV

It had been a few days since the series of breakups. I know Rahul is hurt. I hope he forgives me when he understands that whatever I did was for a purpose. Rahul, I may not be with you, but I will love you until my last breath.

Rohit's POV

Rohit asked, "How was your exam?"

I said, "Was fine."

Rohit said, "That's so nice. After my exams, I will go to Snehalaya, and from there, I will move my base to Pune."

Rohit asked, "Again?"

I said, "Yes, bhaii. I can't live here. I am constantly thinking about Rahul. I need to start with something fresh. I will take admission in Pune and continue my studies there."

Rohit said, "No, yaa. Okay, even I will come with you."

I said, "Why?"

Rohit said, "From now onwards, Anju and Rohit both will be together. I will look after the business in Pune, and you will go and study."

I was happy that Rohit would be with me. I said, "Really?"

Rohit said, "Yes, but I think Mirza and Firoz uncle are ready with the case."

I said, "Yes, I know bhaii. Mizu is coming home today to tell me the details of that sting operation. I have decided that once the statement is recorded, I will not look back at this case. I want peace now. Dad has assured me that they will look after my friends who are in the hospital right now. I hope they recover soon and get back to their respective families."

Rohit said, "Yes, I heard they have recovered 50 percent. And..."

I stopped him. I said, "I don't want to know about them as well. I just need peace. I am exhausted with all these series of tragedies in my life."

Rohit said, "Okay, fine. As you wish."

It was true that I didn't want to know about anything. I wanted some peace. For that, I decided to disconnect all my contacts. I wanted a fresh start now. But the only thing I wouldn't be able to forget was Rahul. I love you, Rahul.

Rahul's POV

I waved at a small little girl, my friend Disha.

I asked, "How are you, Disha?"

Disha said, "I am fine, Bhaiyya. How are you?"

I said, "I am fine. I have bought some gifts and chocolates for you."

Disha said, "Thanks. We love you so much."

I was in Snehalaya in Mahabaleshwar. I was so happy to meet the children again. I spent my two days playing with them. But the most mysterious thing was their "Di." I didn't know who she was, but they praised her so much. And that door still makes my heart beat faster. I don't understand what is mysterious about this girl and her room. That will remain a question until I meet her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey frnds.. Sorry for keeping you wait..

I hope you liked the chapter..

Bye.. Tc