Chapter: 62

Rahul's POV

Embarking on the journey to Goa Airport with our families, the sun graced the horizon with its radiant ascent. The morning unfolded in sheer beauty, setting the stage for what I deemed the opportune day to propose to my beloved and cherished best friend. The anticipation of this moment had reached a feverish pitch, as both our families eagerly anticipated not just the inception of our relationship but the imminent marriage that would bind us together—a sensation akin to lifeblood coursing through our veins. The excitement was palpable, and I, for one, found myself caught in its exhilarating embrace. Our families, having weathered the most arduous storms in recent years, stood on the precipice of a new era, a realm of happiness we had earnestly awaited.

Upon our arrival at the hotel hosting the grandeur of wedding ceremonies, serendipity smiled upon us, granting us the boon of promptly available rooms.

As time flowed, Rohit observed, "No one is here. I presume everyone is at the church attending the marriage ceremony."

Acknowledging the situation, I concurred, "Very well, let's patiently await the reception."

Rohit, however, hesitated, "But..."

Inquisitive, I queried, "What is it?"

Rohit elucidated, "The designated theme is white, necessitating the arrangement of white suits."

Without missing a beat, I replied, "Ah, splendid! We shall venture to a nearby clothing emporium. We possess ample time until evening."

Rohit nodded in agreement, "Understood."

Tanu, intervening, declared, "No need for anyone to venture out." She appeared, bearing two impeccably tailored white suits.

Rohit, perplexed, questioned, "Why is that so?"

I elucidated, "Because our dear Tanu, in her wisdom, has meticulously orchestrated the arrangement, my delightful friend."

Tanu added, "I was cognizant of the theme, having, alongside Mannat, selected Anjali's attire."

A burgeoning desire prompted me to inquire about Anjali's appearance in that dress. Gripping Tanu's arms, I locked eyes with her and posed the question, "How does she appear in that dress?"

Tanu, adorned with a warm smile, responded, "She emanates an ethereal beauty, resembling a fairy descended from heaven."

Emotion swelled within me, manifesting as tears that flowed, yet a genuine smile adorned my face.

Tanu concluded, "Consider yourselves fortunate to have each other in your lives."

I nodded in agreement, and Rohit expressed his joy through a heartfelt embrace.

Anjali's POV

Today unfolded as a beautiful day; my friend was entering the sacred bond of marriage with her boyfriend, Richard. While I rejoiced in her happiness, an unmistakable emptiness lingered within me, a longing for the presence of Rahul by my side. Yet, I resigned myself to the idea that it might never come to fruition. Determined to banish thoughts of Rahul, I adorned a beautiful white saree, a thoughtful selection by Mannat and Tanu.

Descending swiftly, I made my way to the awaiting car destined for the church.

"Hey, beautiful, can I have a seat beside you?" a voice called out to me.

Curiosity piqued, I inquired, "Who are you?"

"I am Robin, the groom's cousin from New York," he responded.

"Oh, please," I acquiesced, shifting towards the window to make room for him.

With a mischievous grin, he queried, "And you are...?"