Chapter: 15

Rahul's Perspective

The enigma surrounding this girl deepened with each passing moment. Anjali, or Anju as we fondly called her, had become an unexpected pillar of support for us. Her involvement in the basketball match victory had been instrumental, and now she was standing up for our rights. The mystery shrouding her background and motives intrigued me. Who was Anjali? What secrets did she harbor? Why had she entered our lives?

Lost in contemplation, I reached into my bag and retrieved a small velvet box, its deep purple color a source of immense pleasure and happiness for me. As I opened the box, a delicate piece lay inside.

"Hi, Ms. Bracelet. Sorry to disturb you now. I need your support. Please, pray for me. Your backing means a lot," I murmured, closing my eyes. Recalling our first encounter, I found solace in the belief that the bracelet carried a certain positive energy.

Anju's Perspective

"Bhaii, why is Rahul challenging Miraj again? You know Miraj; he will do something again," I voiced my concerns to Rohit.

Rohit reassured me, "Anju, don't worry. Nothing will happen. Rahul is smart."

Confused, I questioned, "Smart? How? What smart move did he make?"

"You didn't understand," Rohit grinned, guiding me towards a storage room.

"What didn't I understand?" I pressed for an explanation.

"Just chill, baby. Watch the match, and you'll find answers to all your questions," Rohit said, his grin growing.

As we entered the storage room, Rohit began searching for something. "Rohit, what are you looking for?" I inquired.

"I'm searching for a new basketball. Ah, there it is," Rohit replied, pulling a ball from the shelves.

"Okay, but why this challenge?" I persisted, eager for an explanation.

"I told you, you'll get answers during the match. Just watch," Rohit said cryptically.

Anxiously, I halted him. "Bhaii, don't confuse me. I want an answer now."

"Okay, the entire college knows that Miraj is not a skilled player. He wins because of his team, who resorts to cheating for him. Without his team, he's nothing—a loser. That's why Rahul challenged him to play the match alone. Now, he won't win because Rahul is the best player on our team, and he knows how to handle Miraj. Last time, we had no choice but to play with the team because our Principal was involved. Now the situation is different. He won't win, and I can bet on that," Rohit explained.

"Fine, but why this new ball? Don't we have balls in the basketball court?" I sought clarification.

"This is because right now they must have done something with the balls. We can't let them cheat all the time. So, I'll replace this ball with theirs," Rohit said with a wink.

Taking a deep breath, I silently prayed, "Oh God, please save Rahul from Miraj. I'm worried for him. Please help him win the match."

Rahul's Perspective

"Nice, Bracelet bhaii. Where did you get this?" Tanu asked as she caught sight of the bracelet.

I quickly opened my eyes, closed the box, and stowed it away in my bag. "Nothing," I replied, keeping the box concealed.

"Bhaii, that bracelet was beautiful. I want one like that. Let me take a picture, and I'll inquire at a jewelry shop," Tanu suggested.

"Sorry, I can't right now. Leave me alone, Tanu. Please go," I urged.