Chapter: 18

Rahul's Perspective:

I gathered the courage to broach the topic. "Can I ask you something?"

Anju responded, "Yeah!"

Attempting to unravel the enigma that was Anju, I asked, "Are you really a very silent type of girl? I mean, you were quite fun and adventurous in college, so..."

Anju disclosed, "Yeah, I am silent, but I am fun with friends."

"Oh! Am I not your friend?" I inquired.

"You are, but you are different," Anju remarked.

Curious, I pressed, "What?"

"Nothing. Actually, Rohit mentioned that you take a lot of time to make friends and that you are a bit shy," Anju explained.

Acknowledging the accuracy of Rohit's observation, I said, "Yeah, he is right. But it doesn't mean that I am not your friend."

"Fine," Anju conceded.

"Just fine? I mean, why just fine? We are friends, right?" I probed further.

Anju questioned, "Why are you speaking so nervously?"

"I am not nervous," I denied.

"You are. Hmm, Rahul..." Anju observed.

Despite the darkness obscuring her figure, her voice held a certain magic. My heart quickened as she softly called my name.

Anju called me again, "Rahul, in which thoughts have you lost?"

"Nothing. Tell me what you were saying," I redirected the conversation.

Anju began, "I want to say..."

My initial concern surged—was she about to confess feelings? I couldn't allow that. It couldn't be. I needed to make her understand that a romantic relationship between us was impossible. My feelings belonged to the owner of the bracelet, not Anjali. "Yeah," I murmured, relieved she didn't confess.

Anju continued, "I want to say that sometimes you have to speak out your mind to someone to get rid of the pain or queries. I think that's the only way to find answers."

"Yeah," I responded, grateful it wasn't a confession.

Anju steered the conversation in a different direction, asking, "How come I am your friend so early?"

Frankly speaking, I confessed, "Whatever you did for us, only friends or someone special would do. I mean, the basketball match and the fight with Miraj. You were superb. And I want to thank you for that. Thank you so much."

Anju, however, expressed remorse, "But I am not worthy of this gesture. Because of me, you got injured. I shouldn't have provoked everyone. It is because of me, and I am sorry for that. I was very upset with whatever happened. I am so sorry."

"It's okay, Anju. We couldn't expect anything better from that guy, right?" I reassured her.

Anju giggled, "Yep. Anyway, how is the pain now? Is it fine?"

"It's okay. I am fine," I replied.

As music played in the background, the DJ at Lovers Point contributed to the romantic ambiance. The melody stirred emotions, and I found myself murmuring, "Kuch toh hai tujhse Raabta (I feel some connection towards you)."

Anju, puzzled, asked, "What?"

"Nothing. Couples are dancing," I replied.

Looking around, Anju remarked, "Yeah."

I took a chance and asked, "Would you like to dance with me?"

Anju hesitated but eventually agreed, "Uh, okay."

Gently, I lifted her right hand. It felt soft and light, a stark contrast to the strength she had displayed while fighting the goons. She allowed me to place my right arm around her back as I pulled her closer for a better grip. A gentle breeze passed by as I became engrossed in her.

Anju's Perspective:

Rahul is truly a nice guy. In any case, I now have an answer for Rohit: Rahul is my friend, not the person I love. Yippie!

Something felt different—a sensation akin to my dream. Was he the same person? Was that possible? No, it couldn't be. But this inexplicable attraction I was feeling was something I couldn't articulate.

Our bodies connected, and there indeed seemed to be a connection, much like the song. We moved with the music's flow, time slipping away as we became completely engrossed in each other. I found myself moving closer to him, and after a while, both my hands rested around his neck. His hands, in turn, circled my waist.

Unaware of our surroundings, I felt a fluttering sensation in my stomach, and my heart raced. His touch ignited an unexplainable fire within me, and the questions multiplied in my mind. Were we both feeling the same for each other? I didn't know. Was he going to kiss me? No, it couldn't be. He didn't love me. He couldn't love me. I wasn't beautiful. It felt weird, but I dismissed those thoughts and decided to enjoy the soothing music.

With that decision, I continued reveling in the music. Rahul's grip tightened, and he pulled me even closer. Eventually, he placed his right hand's fingers on my left cheek and began caressing it. His touch felt like magic, his fingers tracing a path from my forehead to my eyes, nose, cheeks, chin, and finally, my lips. His thumb brushed against my lips, and I was entranced, watching him.

Later, he pulled my head towards him, our foreheads connecting. He kissed my forehead, and his kisses continued to trail down to my eyes, nose, cheeks, then neck and then finally settled on my lips. Each kiss added to the fire within me, and instead of resisting, I allowed him to continue. It seemed like he, too, was kissing me unknowingly. With each passing moment, our kisses became more passionate and unaware of the events unfolding in the surroundings, as if we won't be able to meet again, as if our worlds will collapse if we don't have each other, and suddenly, the DJ changed the music to a faster number. We broke our kiss in shock, realizing what had just transpired.

Both of us stammered, "I am sorry."

We sat down at a nearby table, unsure of what to say about the events of the past few minutes. We remained in a state of silent shock for almost half an hour.

A message from Rohit interrupted our thoughts, instructing me to come near the gate.

"I have to go; Rohit is calling me," I informed Rahul.

"Okay. Even Tanu has called me. I'll take you to the gate," Rahul offered.

"Okay," I agreed.

He led the way, and I followed him. After a few steps, something blocked my leg, and I began to fall. Rahul instinctively supported me by placing his hand on my stomach.

"Thank you," I expressed my gratitude.

"Take care," Rahul said.

"Take care," Rahul wished as I nodded in acknowledgment. 

We reached the gate, where Rohit and Tanu awaited us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii frnds..

Hope you liked this chapter.. I know this chapter was lil steamy but it was necessary to make them feel that they have some kind of feeling for each other..

Please do vote, comment and share..

Bye.. Love you.. take care..