Chapter: 44

Next day at Malhotra's Office Building

Anju's POV

I stood opposite the imposing structure of the Malhotra Group Of Companies building, a mixture of anticipation and trepidation coursing through me. The prospect of encountering Rahul in this setting filled me with anxiety.

Reflecting on the events of the previous night, I found myself in Rohit's bedroom, seeking answers.

"Bhaii, may I ask you something?" I inquired, finding Rohit engrossed in his office files.

"Shoot," he responded, immersed in his work.

Curiosity overcoming me, I asked, "Who are Raj and Priya?"

"Raj bhaii and Priya bhabhi... Raj is Tanu's brother," Rohit replied casually.

Stunned by the revelation, I exclaimed, "Oh my god!"

Intrigued by my reaction, Rohit questioned, "What happened?"

"Bhaii, Raj and Priya are the same people," I revealed.

Confused, Rohit inquired, "What same people?"

"It was Raj and Priya who saved me from Miraj," I disclosed.

Realization dawned on Rohit as he uttered, "Oh, that's nice. Tanu was happy about them, she mentioned they were back."

"But..." I hesitated.

Concerned, Rohit asked, "What is the matter, dear? Why are you so afraid?"

"Tomorrow I have a meeting with Raj, and he will be there. I don't want to face him," I confessed, my apprehension laid bare.

"That is understandable, but dear, you'll have to face him eventually. Why not now? During our engagement, you'll encounter him. You are a strong girl; don't let fear hold you back," Rohit advised.

"I'm not afraid of him; I'm afraid of the piercing pain in my heart," I confessed, laying bare my vulnerability.

"Don't worry, everything's going to be alright. Be rest assured. The day he learns the truth, he'll be back with his best buddy and love. Now, don't worry, just be happy. We're all here for you. Go for the meeting," Rohit reassured me.

Feeling a bit more at ease, I smiled and hugged him.

At present...

Entering the building, I made my way to the second floor, Rohit's words echoing in my mind. I entered Mr. Raj Malhotra's cabin; fortunately, he wasn't there at that moment. A housekeeping staff member offered me coffee, and I waited patiently.

After a while, Raj walked in, exchanging pleasantries. Congratulating him on impending fatherhood, I revealed, "And the land issue will be resolved in a month, giving you time to relocate the locals to a temporary shed."

Excitement filled Raj as he inquired, "Really? How did you manage that?"

Downplaying my role, I said, "It's nothing much. My colleague, Apeksha's brother, who is an advocate, had a discussion with the people there."

Expressing gratitude, Raj exclaimed, "Thanks, yaar! It's so kind of you all."

"You're welcome; it's our duty," I responded.

As our conversation continued, I casually mentioned, "I have to leave now, some pending work."

Surprised, Raj insisted, "Why? Wait, my brother will be here anytime soon; he's in a meeting right now."

Feeling a sudden surge of panic at the mention of Rahul, I quickly declined, "No, it's okay. I'll meet him another day. How about your sister's engagement?"

Raj, unaware of my internal turmoil, responded, "Hey, what? How did you know it's my sister's engagement?"

Smiling, I explained, "Tanu was my classmate, and Rohit is my brother."

Overjoyed by this revelation, Raj exclaimed, "OMG! Really? That's wonderful news. We're going to be family. i didn't realise. What an incredible event has unfolded! I am elated and happy and blessed."

Offering my goodbyes, I left, promising to meet him in Mumbai.

Rahul's POV

Engrossed in a tiring meeting, my urgent client call briefly diverted my attention. Upon concluding the call, I noticed a girl in a white shirt and peach skirt exiting bhaii's cabin. Intrigued, I couldn't discern her face but felt an inexplicable acceleration of my heartbeat.

Believing it to be a figment of my imagination, I headed towards the conference hall. As I slid my phone back into my pocket, I felt a familiar touch. Retrieving the velvet box containing the butterfly bracelet, I was flooded with memories. It dawned on me that the girl's hair bore a striking resemblance to the bracelet girl.

Shocked, my heart raced, and I hastened to follow her. By the time I reached the elevator, it had closed, prompting me to opt for the stairs. Racing towards the exit, I saw her boarding an auto.

Was she the bracelet girl, or was I succumbing to hallucinations? The uncertainty lingered in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii.. frnds.. hope you liked the chapter..

Do vote, share and comment..

I know readers might be thinking that why protagonists are not meeting..? Why the magic of love is not happening?

But as the title suggests.. it is destiny who is going to play the important role in the meeting of Rahul and Anjali.. They will meet soon.. Just wait and read..

Bye..Tc..