Chapter: 7

Rahul's POV

"Hey, guys, let's head to the basketball court and warm up; Rohit is running late. He'll be here in half an hour. Meanwhile, we can practice," I said to my team.

I turned to Tanu, "Tanu, you go to your classroom; we'll meet later. Attend your lectures, and yes, Rohit's sister is joining our college. Give her company; she's new here."

Tanu replied, "Yeah, bhaii, I'll be with her. You carry on with your practice. I'll meet you after my classes."

We continued with our warm-up and practice.

Rohit's POV

I arrived at the college and headed straight to the locker room to stow my things. From there, I went to the basketball court where my teammates were waiting for me.

I figured Rahul must be upset with me for being late.

"Hello, bro. How are you this morning? You look quite serious," I greeted.

Rahul snapped, "Shut up, you fool. Do you realize how crucial this match is? And you're late today."

I apologized, "Sorry, yaar. Was a bit tied up last night."

Rahul sighed, "I know where you were tied up. Shall we practice now?"

I agreed, "Okay."

We're a team of eight members: Rahul, Rohit (me), Veeren, Nikhil, Manmeet, David, Palash, and Sanjeev. We, the eight gems of the basketball team. Rahul is our captain, so it's essential to heed his instructions.

We kicked off with warm-ups, continued with various drills: dribbling, passing, shooting—the routine lasted almost two hours.

After a 10-minute break, Rahul gathered us for instructions.

"Hey, guys, I'm grateful for your support and coordination for today's match. As you know, we're up against Miraj Raichand's team, and you can expect blatant cheating and fouls from their side. But we need to be prepared for all circumstances. We don't know what's in store for us, but your help and support will be appreciated. For this game, I want to announce your positions. I'll be in the center, Rohit and Veeren, you'll be forwards, Nikhil and David on my sides. Palash and Manmeet, you'll be behind me, and Sanjeev, you'll be the substitute. I hope you understand your positions."

In unison, we affirmed, "Yup."

Meanwhile, our coach, Mr. Mehul Singh, arrived with the head of the Commerce department, Mr. Naren Rajguru.

Mehul sir asked, "Team, are you ready for the game today?"

We all replied, "Yes."

Both of them wished us the best of luck.

Rahul's POV

Mehul sir pulled me aside for a personal conversation while Naren sir talked to our team members.

"Rahul, are you prepared? You know what's going to happen. They'll do anything to win."

"Yeah, sir, I'm prepared. I have to win this match, not just for me but for my friends."

Mehul sir warned, "I've heard they've appointed professional basketball players on their team."

"I know them very well, sir. They're neither professional players nor students. They'll be his father's political goons, disguised as students."

Mehul sir questioned, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Mehul sir exclaimed, "Have you gone mad? They'll kill you all."

"This is not a game but a war for the betterment of this college, and we have to win this."

Meanwhile, Tanu arrived after her lectures. She smiled and went to talk to Rohit.

These lovebirds are too much; they can't resist themselves from talking.

I suggested, "Sir, we'll go grab some food; the match starts at 4 pm, and we need to get ready."

Sir agreed, "Okay, carry on."

I called out as we walked towards Rohit and Tanu, "How much do you guys talk to each other? Just yesterday, you were talking so much, and now again."

Rohit replied, "Just chill, bro. You'll understand when you have a girlfriend of your own."

I scoffed, "What rubbish!! Me and a girlfriend, that's impossible."

"It's not impossible, dude," Rohit smirked.

"Irrelevant," I smirked back.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the canteen for some food. Rohit and Tanu joined me at my table.

Rohit commented, "Everything is possible, my dear. You should have that desire in you. See, I desired, and now I have a girlfriend."

I retorted, "Whatever."

Raghu, our waiter, brought our food to the table.

"Hi, Raghu, how are you? It's been a long time since we've met."

"Bhaiyyaji, I was at my native place; my mother was ill."

"How is she?"

"She's fine now."

"If you need any help, you can call me, okay?"

"Okay, bhaiyyaji. Thank you."

We both smiled, and he went to another table for cleaning.

We continued eating our food, then headed to the basketball court to relax. Just then, I remembered Anjali would be joining our college; she's nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Rohit, your sister is joining today, right? Where is she?"

Rohit informed, "She texted me half an hour ago; she's in Balli's cabin. She'll be here soon."

Balljeet Sahani, our Principal, that's why she's taking so much time. Let her enjoy our Principal's silly talks.

"Nice. It will be fun," I chuckled.

Rohit said, "Yeah, hope so."

By then, Tina came to meet us—Ms. Tina Merchant, the 'richy' type. Ms. Universe of our college.

Rohit and Tanu chuckled, "Rahul, your so-called girlfriend has come to meet you."

I clarified, "She's not my girlfriend, just a good friend."

Rohit's POV

Tanu remarked, "Is that girl mad? I feel like kicking her out of this world."

I consoled, "Dear, just chill. If her tantrums continue, she'll surely be kicked. Anyway, don't look at her."

Tanu vented, "But I feel like killing her."

I chuckled, "Just ignore her, baby. You look more beautiful when you're angry. I feel like kissing you now."

Tanu, in anger, declared, "I feel like kicking your dick. How's that?! And this girl, I don't know what I'll do with her if she continues hovering over bhaii."

I responded, "Baby, if you kick my dick, how will we have kids?"

"Shut up. I'm going; otherwise, I'll go mad. I'll come back after refilling this bottle."

I smiled, "Okay, my love."

Hii.. friends.. Hope you liked this chapter..

Please do comment and vote for me after reading this part..

Bye.. take care.. will update the next chapter soon...