Chapter: 26 Proposal

Rahul's POV

I said, "Say."

Tanu said, "I don't like both of them, you know that. Then what is the point of asking me? Anjali might be a nice girl, but you in a relationship with her... I can't imagine that. And Tina... she always harasses me, addressing her sister-in-law. So I just spoke out my mind and told her the truth in anger."

I was upset with her behavior.

I said, "I understand your hatred towards both of them because of whatever reason. But you should not have done that to them. I understand about your conversation with Tina, but why did you do this to Anjali? What will she think about us? You will get married to Rohit one day if everything goes on the right track. After that, you have to stay with her only, right? I don't know about my future, but I know yours. You and Rohit are meant for each other. What if she says no? I don't know what she thinks about me. Please don't do this to her. Be her good friend always. Think about it. If not with me, then she will be with you always."

Tanu said, "Just stop exaggerating. Nothing has happened between me and Anjali. I didn't talk to her, that's it."

I felt a sigh of relief.

I said, "But do talk to her. She will feel good."

Tanu huffed, "Okay."

I don't know what is going to happen, but I think for now, everything has been sorted out. I hope Tanu understands.

Next Day, At Valentine's Party...

Our group was enjoying the party. There was loud music, and a huge number of people had gathered to celebrate Valentine's day. I was searching for Anjali. Rohit and Tanu went to dance. I waited there, but I could nowhere find her. I glanced all around the room to find her. By then Rohit came.

Rohit said, "Hey bro, can you search for Anju?"

I said, "What happened?"

Rohit said, "Nothing dude. Was worried. I guess she will be outside. Please check."

I said, "Okay. Take care of Tanu."

Rohit said, "Yeah."

Rohit was right. He was worried, so was I. I didn't understand where she went. I went outside the club, near the lawn area, she was excitedly hugging someone who had worn a black big-sized hoodie. I couldn't see his face. I felt jealous by the fact that she is with someone else, but I couldn't help but see what is going on. She kissed his hands. With that, my heart got a piercing effect. My initial thought was, is she with someone else? It shouldn't be. She was mine. I still waited. The guy went, waving his hands. I couldn't move. I was worried by the thought that 'what if she declines me?' I was almost engrossed in my thoughts. Someone called me.

"Hey Rahul, listen. Rahul, Rahul."

I realized that someone is calling me. It was Anju.

I said, "Hey Anju."

Anju said, "Where have you lost?"

I said, "Nothing."

We were silent for some time.

I asked, "Who was that guy?"

Anju said, "Oh, that guy. He is an old friend. Just met him today. Was excited to meet after so many days."

I said, "Okay."

Anju asked, "So you are not interested in partying inside?"

I said, "No."

Anju said, "So has your relationship ended with Tina? Sorry to ask you."

I laughed and said, "We were not in a relationship. We were just friends."

Anju said, "But she used to address it that way."

I said, "I don't know how she is with other people, but we are not in a relationship. How did you figure out that our relationship has ended?"

Anju said, "Nothing. There is a rumor that you ended the relationship yesterday."

I said, "It's worse than a celebrity. How fast the rumors are spreading."

Anju laughed. She said, "But how did you become friends with this bold girl?"

I said, "Actually during bhai and bhabhi's death, I had been to Delhi. At the station, I by mistakenly hit a lady. But you know how ladies are. They made an issue. Railway Cops booked me for harassing a woman publicly. At that time, Tina must have seen me. She interfered later and said that the lady is exaggerating about the hit. It was accidental. Cops checked the CCTV footage and understood that the lady was lying. So I got released. I was in jail for one day. Tina helped me out at that situation. From then on, we are friends."

Anju said, "How nice of her! But she likes you a lot. You could have accepted her proposal."

I said, "She is my friend, and I am not in love with her. I love someone else."

Anju said, with a surprise, "What! Really? Who is that girl?"

I said, "Will tell you later on. But right now, I have to reveal it to her."

Anju said, "Oh no. Please say, who is it?"

I said, "Wait dear."

I was enjoying. What if I let her know that the person who I love is her itself. I was waiting for her unexpected reaction.

We sat at a nearby bench, feeling the cold breeze. It was magical. Heat was rising in my body, just to touch her, hug her. Tell her that she is mine. But she was busy on her phone, playing some car games. She didn't notice me. I was gazing at her continuously.

Later, Rohit called me, "Hey, did you find her?"

I said, "She is with me. Don't worry."

The call ended. I again started gazing at her.

After some time, Anju said, "Stop gazing at me always. From yesterday, you are behaving weird. Is there something you want to tell me?"

I felt happiness that she noticed me gazing at her. It means her attention is towards me.

I couldn't think anything else and said, "I love you!"

----------------------------------------------------------
Hii.. frnds.. surprised with the instant proposal..? You might feel that he is desperate.. May be or may not be..

But whatever it is.. Anju has to know Rahul's feelings for her..

Do comment your reaction..

Hope you liked the chapter..

Do vote, comment and share..

Bye.. Tc..