Chapter: 12

Hii.. friends.. Hope you are liking all the chapters... Your comments and suggestions would really encourage me alot in writing good chapters..

Please vote, comment and share this book to lots of people who love reading Romantic stories with a touch of Suspense and Thriller..

Looking forward to your comments..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anju's Perspective

Tension heightened second by second. A palpable uncertainty loomed as we grappled with the challenge, especially in the absence of key players.

Desperation set in as every attempt to reach out for help proved futile.

Coach: "Hey, guys, I tried calling my former students, but..."

Rohit: "But what, sir?"

Coach: "No one wants to mess with Raichand."

Rohit: "Arrrggghhh."

Coach: "We need at least one player, be it a boy or a girl, who could help. Time is ticking, and disqualification looms."

Rahul: "I think we have to give up."

A somber atmosphere engulfed us. We had a mere 10 minutes to make a decision.

In a sudden revelation, my thoughts turned to the coach. I muttered, "Any boy or a girl... Yessss... I know what to do." An idea sparked within me.

Tanu: "What happened?"

I whispered in her ear, "Come with me."

Tanu: "Where?"

I said, "Come. I will tell you."

As we moved, Rohit and Rahul questioned our departure.

I assured them, "We will be back in 5 minutes."

I assumed they might have assumed we were heading to the restroom.

Locating the boys' locker room became my mission. Tanu guided me with a confused expression, pointing towards the next building.

Entering the boys' locker room, I seized extra jerseys and shorts. Grabbing a T-shirt and shorts, I swiftly headed to the girls' washroom.

Tanu questioned, "What are you doing? Why do you need this boys' jersey?"

My response was, "Wait. I will let you know. Give me your leggings."

Tanu: "Are you mad? If I give you my leggings, what will I wear?"

Impatiently, I retorted, "I don't have time. Give them to me. You can wear my jeans."

Tanu: "But why?"

My firm reply: "Don't waste time. Give them to me, faster."

Tanu: "Will I be able to fit in your jeans?"

Reassuringly, I stated, "Don't worry. They are loose on me, and they are elastic jeans. They will be perfect for you."

Tanu: "Okay."

Clothes exchanged swiftly. Donning the jersey over my T-shirt, her leggings, and the shorts, I emerged from the bathroom. Tying my hair into a bun and securing it under the cap, I was ready.

Tanu, now in my jeans, remarked, "Yeah, it's perfect."

Curiosity marked her expression. "Anju, why are you wearing this? Are you going to play with the boys?"

I affirmed, "Tanu, I have to do this. We need to help our team. Let's go."

Tanu: "But..."

Ignoring her protests, I grabbed her hand, and together, we approached our team, immersed in contemplation.