Chapter: 24

Next Day

Rahul's POV

Finally, I have decided. I am elated. My decision couldn't be wrong. Hey, Anjali, wait for me. Our camp days will be the most precious in our lives, I am sure. And this bracelet, I have to return. I hope I will meet her soon. I don't want to believe in this bracelet anymore.

Tanu entered my bedroom as I was packing my bag for college. I glanced at the bracelet.

Tanu asked, "Again this bracelet?"

I replied, "Nothing, just keeping it aside."

Tanu inquired again, "Whose bracelet is this? Why don't you tell me?"

I decided to answer her questions.

I said, "I found this at Siddhi Vinayak Temple when I collided with a girl."

Tanu, grinning, remarked, "So if you collide with a girl, you will keep her bracelet?"

I explained, "Nothing like that. I just felt a nice feeling, so I kept it. I thought if I meet this girl again, I might start a relationship. But I don't think it will work anymore."

Tanu laughed, "Do you remember how she looks?"

I rolled my eyes and replied, "Actually, I haven't seen her face, just had a view of her backside."

Tanu's laughter was uncontrollable, but she was right to react that way. I was foolish for waiting for an unknown girl.

Tanu said, "You are a fool. I didn't expect that from you. Anyway, how come you changed your decision?"

I said, "Because I am in love with someone else."

Tanu, astonished, questioned, "What the heck? My brother loves somebody? Who is that lucky girl?"

I said, "Stop exaggerating. It's Anjali."

Tanu, with a confused expression, exclaimed, "What? Didn't you find any other girl to love? She is a tomboy. Have you seen her? Always sweaty, as if she doesn't go for a bath."

I retorted, "Stop it. If she is like that, what is her fault? She loves sports, spends time practicing with guys. It is obvious to become like that. But whatever she has done for us, for me, is something that is unexplainable."

Tanu said, "So what? Even friends help us. It doesn't mean you should decide to love them."

I countered, "Tanu, it's enough. Not every friend can do what she does. She helped us win the match. She saved me and you from Miraj, although I had fought. She helped me overcome my emotions about bhai and bhabi. She helped me become a better person. Today, I am a happy man. I am happy with whatever she is and whatever she will be. Yesterday, when Mom and Dad discussed this with me, at that moment, it triggered that I have some connection towards her. If I am not wrong, even she must be feeling the same. That moment, I felt that I love her."

Tanu tried to interrupt, "But bhai..."

I interrupted her, "You do whatever you want. I am not going to interfere. First Tina, and now Anjali. Wow!"

Tanu went fuming.

We reached college. I saw our group sitting outside. Anju was playing with a tennis ball, looking bubbly, cheerful, and happy, clinging to Rohit.

I asked Rohit, "No lectures today?"

Anjali said, "Hi, Rahul." She was smiling. I couldn't understand why she didn't change her glasses. They were too big for her face.

I replied, "Hi."

Rohit explained, "Nothing like that. Just thought of bunking lectures. It was Anju's idea."

I said, "Okay, even I will join you."

Anju said, "Thanks."

Tanu, in a serious tone, stated, "I have to go for my lectures. I can't waste my time."

Tanu left.

Rohit and Anju, in unison, asked, "What happened?"

I said, "Don't worry. Just a small fight. She will be alright later."

Rohit said, "It is normal, her usual tactics. She will be back."

We all had fun discussing the upcoming camp to Mysore. Everyone had already decided how to enjoy the trip. But I was engrossed in Anjali. The way she talks, hops for each and every reason, typical tomboyish, boy-like attitude. But her inner personality was something different. A kind of magical girl. I was feeling so different, beyond any universe. I felt relieved looking at her. She always clings to Rohit, and Rohit cares for her as if he is her father. It was funny, but I found it cute.

Oh my God! You are making me crazy. Waiting until the camp is something I am not able to do. I wish that time comes. I will propose, you will accept, and you will be mine forever. I love you. Maybe our pair will be visually imperfect, but in my view, this is the best relationship I could ever imagine. That kiss, maybe it happened naturally, unknowingly, but it felt right. Perhaps the best kiss I could ever have. I love you. I love you so much.

Anjali called me, "Hey, Rahul."

I snapped out of my thoughts.

I answered, "Yeah."

Anjali asked, "Where are you?"

I noticed that she was sitting right beside me. It was something I was afraid of, getting caught, because I was shivering. She was right beside me.

I managed to say, "Nothing," and gave a creepy smile.

I felt weird. I felt like keeping my arms on her shoulder and hugging her.

Anjali, why are you doing this? Don't sit beside me. I have feelings for you that I want to convey to you only at the right time. You are making me crazy. I remember when Miraj hit me in that 15 minutes match, you were hurt for my pain. I felt that there is something when you were gazing at me. And the reciprocation to my kiss, that was unexpected. Do you feel the same for me?

Anjali looked at me for a few seconds, as if she heard me, but I blinked my eyes. She smiled and started talking to others.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.. I hope you liked this chapter as well..

Your suggestions... and views are important to me.. Please give your suggestions about this book.. and its story..

Do vote, comment and share...

Bye..Tc...