Chapter: 37

Rohit's POV

The unexpected turn of events left Tanu and me in shock. She started crying, and before I could comprehend the situation, I heard Rahul's enraged voice from afar.

"Rohit!"

Rahul ran toward us with red eyes, clearly fueled by anger. He gripped my collar without giving me a chance to explain.

"Why did you slap my sister?" he demanded, shaking me.

I pleaded, "First, let go of my collar, and I'll explain."

Rahul's anger didn't waver as he continued pulling and shaking me. "I want to know why you slapped my sister."

"Rahul, please, let go, and I'll explain," I insisted, attempting to free myself from his grip.

Ignoring my plea, Rahul hissed, "What will you let me know? First, your sister messed up my life, and now you're ruining my sister's life. What kind of people are you? Don't you have any humanity? On what grounds are you going to marry my sister? Are you going to beat my sister after marriage too?"

I struggled to break free from his grip. "Rahul, you're not understanding. You don't know the truth."

Rahul continued, "What truth? I saw the truth. You slapped my sister. What if I slap your sister? Will you like it?"

Attempting to calm him down, I said, "Rahul, you're not understanding. You don't know the truth."

Rahul scoffed, "So what wrong did she say? Your sister is a bitch. She messed up my life. I left my work in a hurry just to meet her in Mysore. But what did she do? She didn't meet me, and at last, she rejected me without any reason. I liked her for whatever she is. If she had no feelings for me, she could have told me when I proposed to her. She hurt me in a second. She has no regrets. She is a bitch. Even when my sister warned me, I ignored her. I regret that now. I didn't expect this behavior from both you and Anjali."

Determined to make him understand, I said, "Dude, even you are on the wrong track."

Rahul retorted, "It's not me, dude. It's you both. You have messed up our lives."

Anger surged within me, and I responded sharply, "Your lives have messed up because of your egos and carelessness. You don't know the truth, dude. When you realize it, you will cry because of your karma. And that day, you will regret."

Dismissing my words, Rahul said, "Karma, the bull-shit. Philosophy is not meant for you. You slapped my sister. What is your karma then? Slapping a girl. What do you want to prove?"

I hissed, "Rahul, shut up. Enough is enough."

Rahul, fueled by anger, approached me, ready to strike. Just as he neared me, Anjali stepped in front of me, causing him to halt. His teary eyes reflected the pain of rejection, a feeling I knew too well.

Anjali intervened, saying, "Stop it, Rahul. Why are you all fighting? Come on, you are best friends."

I reiterated, "They are calling you bitch, Anjali."

Anjali replied, "I heard what was going on. Let them call, bhaii. You know who I am? What I am? Is that not enough?"

I said, "But, Anjali."

Anjali reassured me, "Leave, bhaii. Let us go."

She approached Rahul and said, "I am sorry for Tanu. I apologize on behalf of bhaii. He won't do this again. I know that whatever he did was for me because he loves me a lot. But he should not have reacted that way."

Taking the blame upon herself, Anjali continued, "Let us go, bhaii."

Reluctantly, I followed her, leaving the basketball court. Anjali sat inside the car, crying like never before.

"I told you, bhaii. Everything is over. Because of me, even you both got separated."

Feeling a surge of frustration, I hit the steering wheel and cried.

"Leave, Anjali. Maybe they are not meant for us. We will start a new life. We won't make our parents worried because of us. You know they are already worried about many things."

Anjali said, "Yes. Till now, I used to act only in college, between friends. Now I will be a full-time actor."

We hugged each other, finding solace in the embrace, if not a complete remedy for our pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii frnds.. Hope you liked the chapter..

Please do comment, share and vote..

Bye.. Tc