birthday surprise

y/n pov
today was my birthday. the second of march. i didn't really make much of a fuss about my birthday and i didn't like anyone else to. i woke up in bed and i decided to have a little bit of a lie in.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear y/n, happy birthday to you." my boyfriend roger taylor walked through the door singing with a tray with a plate of english breakfast which had bacon, egg, beans, tomato, sausages and hash browns and a glass of orange juice.
"rogerrrr" i whined, "you know i don't like people making a big deal out of my birthdayyy."
"i know, i'm sorry, but i can't just do nothing. i'm taking you out later on a special date so be looking forward to that." roger winked.
"aww rog" i loved it when he took me out. he was always so romantic.
"but, i'm going to have mary bring you because i need to prepare some stuff. she's going to help you get ready and everything, and she knows all of the details like when to get you ready by so don't you worry about that."
"you're so cute do you know that?" i say leaning up and placing a soft kiss on rogers lips.

~5pm~

there was a knock at the door and i got up off of the sofa to answer it. there stood mary, smiling her gorgeous smile.
"mary! hi" i wrapped my arms around my best friend.
"hi mary" roger came over, "thank you for this." mary flashed her smile again,
"no problem, now go, the boys are waiting for you." roger kisses me goodbye and dashes out of the door.
"now we need to sort your outfit, i already know what to do with your hair and makeup." mary drags me upstairs to my room to get me ready for what could be the best night of my life. i pick out an outfit and set it on the bed.
"i've never seen that before, it's gorgeous."
i smiled, "yeah roger got it me. i love it so much."
"right, sit down and get comfortable, we're gonna do your makeup first."
"alrighty" i say.

when mary has finished i take a look in the mirror. she had done a dark pink shade of eyeshadow, next she had given me a dark red shade of lip, i had a little bit of highlight and blush and she had filled my eyebrows and some mascara.

"now for your hair!" she said excitedly. i chuckle at her excitement, it was like she was going on the date and not me. she picked up the curling iron and started to curl my hair. when she had done that she put it in a ponytail, not too high and not too low, leaving two curly strands at the front.
"now go and get your outfit on and blow everyone's minds."
"oh shut up" i say playfully slapping mary's arm. she walks out of my room for privacy and i start to undress. i put on a black tight, slightly cropped long sleeved top and a black skirt that came just above my knees. i put on my buckled boots with a chunky heel and look at myself in the mirror. i couldn't believe how different i looked. this wasn't a look i wore every day and to me it was all a bit much, but i went with it. smiling at myself, i head downstairs to where mary was.
"what do you think?" i ask her, smiling and my arms spread out to the sides. mary gasps at the sight of me.
"my best friend is stunning!" she squeals.
"oh stop it." i chuckle.
"y/n roger is going to fall weak at the knees as soon as he sees you! i don't blame him." mary looks at the clock on the wall; 6:50pm. "oh my goodness! we need to get going!" she shrieks.
"alright alright calm down we'll get there on time, wherever we're going." i tell her. she urges me out of the door and into the car.

~7pm~

mary pulls up outside of the recording studio and stood outside were freddie, brian and deaky.
"we're having our date at the recording studio?" i say confused. i see deaky rush inside for some reason.
"trust me, you're gonna love tonight." mary tells me.
deaky comes rushing back outside, joining the two boys again. i can't help but smile to myself, the suspense of what roger had planned was killing me.
"now go and enjoy yourself" mary tells me, giving me a hug.
"thank you so much mary for getting me ready, i don't know what i would do without you."
"ah it's no problem, go get him tiger." she chuckles, making me chuckle too.
"i will." i smile and get out of the car, heading towards the recording studio.
"alright boys?" i say to freddie, deaky and brian, hugging them.
"have a good time, y/n" brian tells me.
"thank you brian." freddie opens the door for me, "why thank you freddie, such a gentleman" i chuckle.
"madam" he smiles, bowing his head a little.

i walk into the recording area and there he stood, music playing, which was love of my life, candles everywhere and a blanket on the floor with cushions.
"roger.." i whisper.
"love of my life you've hurt me, you've broken my heart and now you leave me, love of my life can't you see, bring it back, bring it back, don't take it away from me because you don't know what it means to me." he starts singing. i feel tears welling up in my eyes, but i fight to keep them from spilling.
"you will remember when this is blown over, and everything's all by the way, when i grow older i will be there at your side to remind you how i still love you, i still love you." he starts to slowly walk closer to me.
"back, hurry back, please bring it back home to me because you don't know what it means to me, love of my life, love of my life.." he takes his hands in mine.
"y/n, i love you so much, i don't know what i would do without you. hell i would probably be dead! you're the love of my life and i need you in it all the way through. let's make this a journey that will never end, so.." roger gets me by surprise by getting down on one knee. i throw my hands to my mouth in shock.
"oh my god roger" i barely say.
"y/n y/m/n y/l/n, will you do the honour of marrying me and being my wife?"
"yes" i whisper, "yes i will!" i start to cry and i throw my arms around rogers neck, burying my face in it. i pull away and look at him in his eyes and smash my lips onto his. it was a deep and meaningful kiss. i was so happy, i didn't want to be anywhere else.
"i was so scared you would say no." he breathed shakily.
"roger, why on earth would i say no to marrying the only man that i truly love and want to spend the rest of my life with!?" i say.
"i don't know, i just thought i would be taking things a bit too far at the moment, but obviously you can't resist me" he smirked.
"of course i can't" i start nibbling on his ear, teasing him. he tries to undress me, but i stop him.
"ah ah, i'm not ruining mary's precious time and work. that'll have to wait i'm afraid." i smirk. roger sighs.
"fine, come on, this isn't all i've done for you." roger takes my hand leading me out of the studio, locking his hand with mine.

ten minutes later, we arrive at a small park. it was cute and there was also blankets and cushions there. it was set on a hill, with a perfect view in front.
"this is so beautiful" i say.
"like you then my love." roger says to me.
"oh stop being such a charmer." i giggle.
"how can i when i'm just the perfect person to be with" he confidently says.
"shut up" i say laughing at his silliness. "it's a good job i love you roger meddows taylor."
"how can you not?" he smirks.

for the next hour we both share a bottle of wine, a couple of fags and stare at the stars. there was no place that i would rather be at that moment in time.
——————————————————-

words: 1453
thank you for choosing to read this little imagines book and i just hope you enjoy all of the imagines i write. let me know what you think of them and i don't know what else to say really so yeah.