don't worry

i woke up to an uncomfortable feeling on the bedsheets. i check the time, 6:30am and then i look over to y/n and see that she is still asleep. i look under the sheets, careful not to wake my love up and see blood stains on the sheet. my eyes bug out and i become extremely worried, so worried that i check to see if y/n was still breathing and alive. thank god, she was. i decide to wake her up and tell her.

"y/n love?" i shake her shoulder a little. "are you awake?" i whisper softly in her ear. she hums and replies.

"i am now" she turns to me and then makes a face.

"what's up?" i ask her, kinda forgetting about the blood situation.

"uh, nothing. i- i need to go to the bathroom" she stutters and gets out of bed. she looks at the sheets and notices the blood. her face turns a red colour.

"i was gonna ask you if you were okay because i woke up uncomfortable and saw all the blood. where did it come from love? you're not hurt or anything are you?" i inform her. she shakes her head, turns and speeds to the bathroom.

i get out of the bed while i wait for her to come back and i take the sheet off, taking it downstairs and in the washer, turning it on to wash. i walk back upstairs and put a clean sheet on and get back in bed.

a couple of minutes later, y/n returns and i smile looking at her. i notices that her eyes were red and glossy and she avoided eye contact.

"are you sure you're okay love? are you gonna tell me what all of that was about?" i ask her, still wanting to know.

"it's nothing, i uh need to grab something from home so i'll be back" she says, getting dressed.

"please tell me" i grab her arm gently and look her in the eyes. she looks back and says nothing for a while.

"i will when i get back" she finally says. i just sigh and let go of her arm, her carrying on getting changed.

"see you when you get back then" i say.

"yeah" she says and walks out, downstairs and out the front door. i felt useless because she wasn't telling me what it was about. i really didn't understand.

about half an hour later she came back. i was getting a little worried because she doesn't live that far away. she came back upstairs and straight into the bathroom without saying a word. i just waited again until she came back in. when she did i spoke up.

"please tell me now. what was all the blood about and why did you take so long going back to yours? i'm worried baby" i put my hand on her leg when she sat down cross legged on the bed next to me.

"you changed the sheet" she pointed out, dodging my question.

"yes i did, but don't keep changing the subject every time i ask please. just tell me, whatever it is i will help you, i'll do whatever" i grab her face gently to make her look at me. she does so and she starts to cry.

"sorry" she sobs, looking down.

"it's okay" i shush her calmingly.

"it was just my period" she finally tells me. "it's normal, don't worry"

"that was a lot of blood just because of a period baby" i say.

"i have a really heavy flow. it kills me" she says.

"ah" i nod my head in acknowledgment.

"i'm so sorry about this" she sniffs.

"hey look at me" she does so. "don't worry" i smile.

"but-"

"no buts. it's fine okay? it's life. it's meant to happen, like you said, it's normal so don't keep apologising and i'll take care of you. tell me what you need whenever you need it and i'll do it, no matter when, yeah?"

she nods her head and hugs me tight.

"i love you, you know that rog?" she says, looking up at me.

"i do and i love you too my love" i tell her.

for the rest of the day and the other days that came ahead i did what i told her i would. i gave her whatever she needed, a hot water bottle for her stomach, tablets to make the pain go off, water, food, cups of tea and whatever else. i loved taking care of her and i hope i get to do this for the rest of our lives. i hope we grow old and die together like we should.