hate or love?

"we see why you hate roger y/n but you need to learn to get along with him." brian tells me, him freddie and john all sitting across from me on the sofa and i was sitting on the coffee table.

"i'll tell you what it is dear" freddie says, putting a finger up and sitting forward. we all look at him waiting for him to carry on. "it's just the sexual tension between them. they both love each other but hide away their feelings with hate."

my eyes widen at freddies comment.
"love is a strong word freddie and i promise you now that is not it. he's just really annoying with all the girls, the way he acts around them-"

"so it's the girls that are a problem" freddie smirks.

"i- no! he also makes fun of me a lot and teases me, anything to piss me off." i quickly say. i definitely did not like roger in any way and i never will. i don't consider him as a friend, just an annoying friend of my best friends. i don't know how they can keep up with him.

"mhm sure that's the case" freddie says taking a sip of his tea.

the door flies open and walking through it is the man himself roger taylor. i roll my eyes at his presence and decide to ignore.

"oops, sorry about your door, y/n" he laughs. i look over and see that the door was literally hanging off the hinges.

"oh my god you're a dickhead!" i shout. roger rolls his eyes and tuts.
"fuck off"

"if you don't want to be around me, get out of my flat." i say walking into the kitchen to get a screwdriver. i start fixing up the door and roger says
"i'm only here because freddie fucking called me. why else would i want to come to this shithole."

"and why would freddie do that hm?" i look at freddie and raise my eyebrows, tightening the nails on the hinges.

"because i need to tell you all something." he says suddenly becoming excited and clapping his hands. "so i'm hosting a masquerade ball tomorrow night and i want you all to come!" we all groan, balls not really any of our things.

"fred you know how much we hate balls and shit like that" brian moans.
"oh don't be so boring brian. i want you all to come and i'm expecting you to." freddie says.

"y/n" he turns to me. "i'll pick you up at eight thirty sharp and i already have a costume waiting for you in brians car - we all know that i don't drive myself to places" i nod and he turns to roger. "rog, you need to leave. you can't see her dress." roger just furrows his eyebrows.

"why?" he questions. freddie rolls his eyes in annoyance at him.
"because i told you to. is that a problem because i can make it not one" he says.
"fine. i don't wanna see her stupid dress anyway" roger gets up and leaves, slamming the door behind him.

"jheez what's gotten into him?" john comments. brian shrugs his shoulders and i decided to talk.

"it's because he's around me. he's always like that when he's in the same room as me.. have you guys not noticed?" brian and john look at each other and freddie comments.

"i said it before and i'll say it again, it's the denial of love." i roll my eyes.
"and i call bullshit" i say and freddie chuckles.

"whatever you say darling, whatever you say" i decide to ignore freddies comments about me and roger 'loving' eachother and move to the kitchen again.

-

twist and shout by the beatles softly plays in the background through my little flat filling the silence while i examined myself in the mirror, doing little spins and looking at parts of the dress.