why are you being so nice to me?

you and the boys were out at the pub tonight. freddie, brian and john were sitting on one side of the booth and you and roger were sitting next to each other on the other side.

you and roger weren't particularly close, in fact all he did was make fun of you. you didn't hate him though, you may or may not have a little crush on him..

no one knew though. you're very good at hiding things like that. not even freddie had any idea and he notices a lot of things.

freddie had purposely put you and roger sat together because of your 'hatred' for each other and you didn't know how to feel about it because of him making fun of you 24/7.

"so what do you guys want to drink?" freddie smiles, opening his arms out.

"i'll have a vodka and tonic please fred" you smile and roger scoffs.

"vodka and tonic? how boring" this hurt you inside but you couldn't show it so you fought back like you do every time.

"sorry, didn't know i couldn't order what i wanted" you roll your eyes.

"shush roger, she can have what she wants" john says and you smile at him, he smiles back.

roger shrugs, "just stating my point of view."

"yeah? well no one needs to hear it so keep it to yourself" you spit.

"okay okay children. let's all not murder each other or else there'll be no queen to carry on" freddie says and walks off to the bar.

we all sit in silence until john breaks the tension.

"so, any new songs written yet?" he asks.

"yeah, it's called get me away from this annoying ass girl next to me" roger says. you say nothing and look down at your lap where your hands lay.

"roger!" brian scolded. "don't listen to him y/n, he's just being stupid" he tells you. you just smile at him.

soon freddie came back with your drinks and handed them all out. you kindly thanked him and took it from him.

"god you're so nice" roger says. you look at him and say,

"you know, that's how you get people to  actually like you" he just gives you a look and turns away.

he looks off into the crowd and gets up, walking away.

"well we won't be seeing anything from him for the rest of the night" freddie says. you nod and take a sip of your drink.

the four of you chatted for a while and then you all suddenly hear a loud crash and shouting.

looking over, you see roger fighting with another bloke.

"you think you can flirt with my girl and try and get her in bed huh? sort ya self out mate cuz that ain't happening. no fucking chance" the man shouts.

"get your filthy hands off me" roger shouts back, punching the man. the man punches roger again and there was blood everywhere.

you were scared for rog. what if he got really hurt to the point he's in hospital?

you rush over to him, freddie, brian and john rushing after you. the boys pulled the man off of roger and you took him to the bathroom. you took him to the girls bathroom though, you didn't want to see any dicks while you were in the men's.

"i'll get you a wet tissue" you said, grabbing some and wetting it under the cold tap.

he sat on the counter where the sinks were and you dabbed the tissue carefully on his cuts. he winced a bit and you apologised.

"you've gotta be careful you know. you can't be picking fights out like this. and you know this isn't the first time this has happened is it?" you say. roger looks down.

"no. no it isn't. i was just looking for someone you know?" he said.

"and you picked out the taken girl" you say. he hums.

"let me take you back to mine. i have a proper first aid kit there, it'll clean the cuts better and you won't get tissue in them" you tell him.

"okay" he nods and gets off the counter, following you back out into the crowd.

"i'm gonna take him back to mine to clean the cuts, i'll see you guys later" you tell the three who were now sat at the booth again. they nod and you heard freddie say as you started to walk away,

"bet they'll shag" you look back to see him smirking and looking at you. you give him a look and mouth a 'shut up.'

putting your hand on his back, you lead roger out of the pub and grab a taxi home.

when you did get to yours you told roger to sit down. he nodded and did so while you went to get the first aid kit.

you got it and kneeled on the floor in front of him, cleaning the cuts on his face again. you were in a rather uncomfortable silence until he spoke.

"why are you being so nice to me?" he asks. you look him in the eyes and say nothing for about three seconds. you actually didn't know what to say.

you couldn't tell him about your feelings. he doesn't feel the same way about you. he'll find it weird. you shrugged your shoulders and something came to mind to tell him.

"we can't keep being mean to each other like we do. i don't like to be mean to you but you're mean to me and i don't want to seem weak"

"weak? you're not weak, y/n. you wanna know why i'm mean to you?" roger says. you nod and were suddenly taken aback by his actions. his lips connected to yours forcefully and you obviously kissed him back. when you pull apart he says,

"does that answer the question?" you chuckle but then say,

"if you like me, why are you mean to me? why do you make fun of me like you do?" he looks down and sighs.

"this is gonna sound stupid but i tried it to keep my feelings from getting in the way" he shrugged. you furrowed your eyebrows. "i'm sorry you know. so sorry about being so mean to you"

"it's okay rog" you smiled a warm smile.

"it isn't though. all those years, i was nothing but a dick to you" he said.

"roger shut up. do you wanna know something?" you asked, trying to change the subject.

"what?" he asked.

"i've always liked you" you whispered. he smiled and kissed you again.

"you wanna know something else?" you nodded.

"i've loved you for years. i love you y/n" you didn't hesitate to say,

"i love you too rog. i always have" he smiled and pulled you into a warm hug.

"so you'll be my girlfriend?" he asked into your hair. you nodded.

"of course i will. i love you roger. so much" you say.

"i love you so much too. we'll prove freddie wrong you know" you look up at him with furrowed brows.

"what do you mean?" you asked.

"he said he bets we'll shag. we'll prove him wrong" he explains.

"wow. roger taylor turning down sex? who would've thought it?" you joked, earning a light hit on the arm.

"shut up" he laughs.

you both cuddled on the sofa for the rest of the night until you both fell asleep and you couldn't have been any happier. you were roger taylor's girlfriend!

if you haven't yet go and check out my other book, this thing called love if you'd like loves <3