what's an iphone?

"i brought gifts!" your son rufus announced when he barged through the door, his brother and three sisters following behind him.

he had three smallish bags in his hands that he lifted up to show.

"ooh i do love a good present. what is it?" roger said, sitting on the sofa next to you. brian sat on the one seater next to you two.

"there are my wonderful children" you smiled, standing up and bringing your arms out so you could hug them all.

"rufy, how are you?" you asked when you hugged him first. you then went to felix and hugged him. "felix, my oldest baby" then rory and hugged her. "rory my love hello" then tigerlily, you hugged her. "hello my tiger dear" and then you turned to lola, hugging her. "how can i forget lola, hello my lovely"

they all chuckled and said hello to you back and come in so you could shut the door fully.

"alright dad? brian" rufus nodded to the two, both of them nodding back as a hello. the others said hello too.

"we all chipped in with these presents, they were very expensive each so" felix said as your children all sat down on the other sofa next to the one you and roger sat at and opposite to brian.

"alright stop blabbing then and give them to us" roger said, you hitting him on the arm.

"don't be rude rog" you scolded.

"what?" he shrugged, like he didn't do anything.

"one for mum" rory said, giving you a bag.

"thank you my love" you smiled, kissing her cheek.

"one for dad" rufus gave one to roger.

"and one for uncle brian" tiger gave the last one to brian.

"oh you didn't have to get one for me" he said, feeling guilty that your children had spent a lot of money on him.

"we did, we love you, of course we had to get you one" tiger said.

"they're all the same so there's no bickering, we know what you're all like" lola said cheekily.

"oi" roger pointed at her. we all laughed.

"come on" rufus urged. "open them"

we did that and inside was a rectangular box.

"iphone 7?" brian read on it.

"what's an iphone? is it like, because it's my phone now so it's i-phone?" roger asked confused.

"god you two are so rude" you huffed. "at least thank them before asking the questions.

"oh yeah, sorry. thank you guys" roger said. brian thanked them too. you rolled your eyes and chuckled to yourself.

"it's a brand that make different electronics" felix explains. "don't worry, we'll help you to set them up and show you how they work"

"if freddie saw these he'd probably say, 'what the fucking hell are these things?'" brian chuckled, making the rest of us chuckle too.

"ah you would've all loved freddie" you sighed, sitting back. roger put his arm around your shoulders and kissed your temple.

"we all do" rory said with a small smile. you smiled back and you felt the tears welling up in your eyes.

"now now" roger said, putting you fully in his arms. "what are we getting emotional now for eh? you sniffled.

"sorry guys" you pulled yourself together for everyone. "now" you tried to smile. "what about setting these up then?"

the small talk about freddie made your mood change so quickly but you tried to hide it as best as you could for your kids, roger and brian. you didn't want to spoil this good time they were having. roger noticed that you were putting your happy mood on though.

"are you okay love?" he whispered in your ear, his fluffy beard tickling it slightly.

"yeah" you smiled, whispering back and looking at him. "sorry, it's just mentioning fred changed my mood so quickly"

"i know" he whispered. "i know" he kissed your lips ever so softly and turned back to the conversation the others were having.

"so you have to go through all this shit when you first turn it on, but i'll help dad with it, someone else can help mum and uncle brian" rufus said, walking over to roger.

"alright then" tiger muttered and you laughed.

"why don't you help me tiger?" you said, shuffling over so she could sit beside you.

"alright" she said sitting down.

felix helped brian and rory and lola sat with me and tiger. i was confused as ever listening to her blab on about all of these things that i didn't understand.

"ha i've got a- what's it called? yeah that's it, a fingerprint on my phone so none of you can get on it" roger said. i laughed and rolled my eyes.

"well you won't be able to get on my phone either then will you?" you raised your eyebrows.

"wouldn't want to" roger sassed. you gasped 'hurt'.

"well i wouldn't want to get on your phone anyway so" you stuck your middle finger up at your husband and he did it back.

"god you two are so childish" lola laughed.

"they always have been ever since they first met. god knows how i've coped with them for this long" brian said, his glasses sitting just on his nose.

"oh shut up" you laughed.

later you all had your new phones set up and everything, all of your kids' numbers in there, rogers number and brian's number and you had wallpapers on the lock and home screen.

on your lock screen was a picture of you and roger when you were younger that rufus found on something called google somehow and on your home screen was a picture of freddie with you that he also found on google. you loved them so much you couldn't stop looking at them.

soon, the five had left and it was just you, roger and brian again, all with your phones in your hands, still very confused about them.

"anyone have any idea how to work these yet" you asked, looking down at yours.

"nope not a clue"
"not at all" roger and brian said at the same time, also looking at theirs in confusion.