1949-

"where are my favourite boys in the whole world?" you sung as you and veronica entered the studio.

"right here darling" freddie sung back with a grin. he rushed up to you, engulfing you in a warm hug.

"where's the man you choose to call your boyfriend hm?" he asked you when he pulled away.

"oh he and crystal had to do something before they came here. i'm sure they won't be long" you smiled, taking your.. well roger's jacket off and putting it on the back of the sofa.

you loved wearing roger's jackets. they were oversized, his scent was close to you as if he was actually with you and you loved how comfy it was.

you greeted brian and john also, the three boys greeting veronica after you. you threw yourself onto the sofa and huffed.

"what's wrong y/n?" brian asked with concern in his voice.

"nothing" you said. "i'm just kinda tired. i don't feel the most energised right now" you chuckled, rubbing your eyes with your hand. you didn't bother putting any makeup on for that reason. you were only at the studio so you didn't care.

"champagne for you my love" freddie waltzed over to you with a glass of champagne in each hand, one for you and one for himself.

"why thank you darling" you nodded your head at the man. after all these years of knowing freddie and being around him so much, you'd grown the habit of copying freddie's word choices like 'darling' and 'dear'. you got 'my love' or just 'love' from roger. he said that to you a lot which you adored.

"that man better hurry up" john said, taking his bass in hand and sitting down in a folding chair.

"man?" freddie scoffed. "he's still a boy deaky. you're very funny" he joked, nudging your shoulder and laughing. brian, john and veronica also laughed and you laughed along, agreeing.

"don't know where you got 'man' from deaks" you laughed.

the laughter was soon interrupted by the phone ringing. brian got up,

"i'll get it" you all watched him as he made his way over to the phone and answered it. the room was dead silent as brian and whoever was on the other end conversed.

"shit okay" he breathed, taking a look at you. your heart began to pound as he did, wondering what was going on. your eyes grew wider and you sat up in your seat, looking worriedly at freddie.

"we'll be right there. thank you nurse"

"nurse? wha- why- ..nurse?" you said with panic. "why are you speaking to a nurse? where's roger?" you asked brian, standing up.

"we need to get to the hospital" brian said before pausing. "..roger and crystal have been in a serious car accident. roger's lost a lot of blood. and i mean a lot"

your knees weakened and you stumbled backwards slightly, freddie catching a hold of you. you couldn't see properly. everything was.. in a blur, the room was spinning and you couldn't think straight. you felt freddie's hands rub your shoulders comfortingly.

"i need to get to him" you said, dashing out of the door and to the car. you were way ahead of everyone else and when you got to the car, you tried opening it even though it was locked.

"god someone open this fucking car will they!?" you shouted, hitting the car and kicking it. brian rushed over to do so and you soon got in.

the car ride was silent. completely silent. you had to let the tears roll down your cheeks as you looked out of the window. you sniffed and wiped your eyes, turning to freddie who was sat beside you.