can't take it no longer

it was just me and the boys tonight. the smell of smoke, alcohol and sweat lingered in the air in the loud and busy pub. it was a friday night and obviously everyone was out drinking and getting drunk.

there wasn't really any special occasion as to why we were here, but you would have guessed that it was freddie's idea.

i was sat next to roger and across from john, freddie and brian in a booth we had somehow managed to get. i listened as the boys talked to each other, not really engaging in their conversation much.

roger was sat casually talking to the boys looking as innocent as ever and i felt his hand slowly move onto my thigh and slowly up it. these kind of things had been going on for a while now and when i say a while, i mean months.

touching me in places he knew i was weak at, doing stuff to me under tables, in which i found so hard to control myself can i just say. kissing my sweet spots when we got little time alone which made me want him to carry on but he couldn't because of the boys. you get it.

i tense up a little at his touch and his hand moves further and further up, still looking innocent.

"are you alright y/n?" brian asks me with concern, noticing how tense i became.
"yeah, you okay?" roger repeats, knowing exactly what was up with me.

"i'm great" my voice cracks and i quickly clear my throat.
"do you three want to go and get us more drinks?" roger says to fred, bri and deaky. john glances over to the bar, popping his head round since the booth was kinda facing away from it.

"but have you seen the line? it's massive!" he whines.
"better get to it before it gets even longer then hadn't you?" roger says.

the boys groan and head to the bar with our glasses. when they were far enough so they couldn't hear us i hit roger on the arm.

"ah what was that for!?" he exclaims.
"what the fuck roger!? not in front of the boys, we've already talked about this."

"well i can't take it no longer. i can't keep my hands off of you my dear" he smirks once again, leaning towards me to connect our lips. 

giving up, i oblige and fall back onto the seat of the booth, my back on the seat, my lips pressed against his and my hands wrapped around his neck. roger sneaks on top of me, deepening the kiss.

this went on for a while and i was really enjoying it. that was when a familiar voice was heard.

"is there anything you two would like to tell us?" freddie casually says, all three boys sitting back in their spaces like nothing was going on.

roger scrambles off of me and sits up, fixing his hair that i had messed up with my hands and i sit up also fixing myself.

"excuse me" i say and roger moves out of the booth to let me out and i head to the bathroom. god that was so embarrassing!

i walk into the girls bathroom to fix my hair and lipstick up. my purple stained lips were smudged so much around them.

i get out my purple lipstick and fix that up. i mend my hair next and check to see if i was presentable enough before walking out and awkwardly sitting back down at the booth.

"well?" freddie asks, waiting impatiently for an answer from either one of us.

"well uh.." i start, not really knowing what to say next. i just wanted to get out of this situation already. someone shoot me please.

"i don't know about y/n, but i love her and i can't keep my feelings in any longer. not from y/n, not from you guys. yeah, this has been going on for months and i don't know if you guys were catching on, but you're pretty stupid if you didn't so.." roger bursts out with.

my mouth opens wide at his words. he loves me? me? out of all the women he could love, he chose me?

"i'm sorry. that wasn't the right time." he says again and stands up and walks off. we were all left speechless.

"well shit" john says.
"yeah, shit" i say in shock.

"y/n i'm not no love expert or anything, but you need to go to roger." brian tells me.

"but- but what if he doesn't want to speak to me? what if he pushes me away? you guys know how much that would hurt me if he did that" i say. it's true. i was terrified of being hurt. especially by roger.

"you love rog right?" freddie asks me seriously.

"yeah, of course i do i just-"
"so you need to cut the bullshit you're saying right now and tell that man how you feel. that you feel the same way. he thinks he's in the wrong by telling his feelings 'too soon' and if you don't go mark my fucking words, i'll drag you over to him my fucking self if i have to!" he rants. god i don't think i've ever seen freddie being so serious.

"yeah i suppose you're right, b-but can one of you come to find him with me? i don't trust people around here ya know?" i mess with my hands sat on my lap, not making any sort of eye contact.

"i'll come with you darling. come on" freddie says standing up, his voice softened now. i thank him and we go to look for rog.

a couple of minutes of pushing past drunk and sweaty people and nearly getting knocked over later we finally find roger standing in an alleyway close to the pub outside. he had a cigarette in his mouth and he looked.. stressed.

"go on" freddie whispers after a couple of seconds of just standing there staring at rog.

"right, yeah" i come out of my daze and walk towards him, freddie going back to brian and john.

"hey" i say softly as i approach him.
"i'm so sorry, i-i didn't mean to say that right then and there it just kinda slipped out. god i'm so stupid! i understand if you don't want to be with me anymore i just ruin everything all the fucking time and-" he rants on and i cut him off.

"rog i love you too" i say, my hand resting on his arm. he looks down at me with his beautiful shining eyes and his face lights up.

"you do?" his voice was shaky.
"of course i do! there's no one in this world i'd rather be with than you. you're the reason i wake up every single day. i look forward to seeing you every day god if i didn't have you in my life i don't know what i would do!"

he smiles at my words and i smile back.
"come on, lets go back in there and have a good time with the boys yeah? and now you can touch me all you want" i wink at him.

"sounds like a plan" he smiles and throws his cigarette to the floor, grasping my hand and leading in back to the boys.

the rest of the night was brilliant. jokes and laughter, just talking about random stuff, watching other people get hammered and laugh at them falling over all over the place and roger did not let me leave his grasp.

it was good to finally act the way we did when we had to go and hide away in front of the boys and not hide it from them a second longer.

they could all see the love that i had for roger and the love that roger had for me and i could also see that and i couldn't wait to see where it would lead to in the future.