please don't leave me

sitting at the kitchen table in the dark, leg bouncing up and down impatiently y/n waited for her husband to return home.

the front door opened, she looked at the clock hung on the kitchen wall.

3:45am

in came a stumbling roger. he was giggling and y/n heard another fit of giggles, a woman's fit of giggles with him. she furrowed her brows and sat silently to see what would happen.

"come on you need to go" roger whispered playfully.

"but why roggie?" the woman whined. she hated it when anyone called him roggie, even herself and she knew for a fact that he did too. he didn't seem to be bothered about it at this moment in time though.

"because" he whined back. he did that with y/n when she whined for whatever reason. "my wife's upstairs and she can't catch you here."

too fucking late she thought.

"will i see you again?" she asked. y/n's blood started to boil but she was also nervous to hear his response.

"uh i'm not sure" roger rubbed the back of his neck. that was what he did when he's nervous.

"you know my number just in case?"

"of course" he smiled.

y/n was this close to stand and say something but kept herself from doing so. if she did that bitch would be getting several slaps around the face.

roger shut the door and y/n stood and turned the light on. he looked alarmed at the sudden movement that wasn't his and said nothing. he just stood there.

"uh, how much of that did you hear?" he finally spoke. she crossed her arms over her chest and scoffed.

"that's it? that's all you have to say to me? i heard every word rog. every. word." he looked down to his feet. "not even gonna make eye contact huh?

slowly, he looked up at her. she tried her hardest to fight back the tears that were forming.

"so this is why" she spoke. rog furrows his brows.

"what do you mean love?" he asked.

"no no. don't love me." y/n put her finger up. "this is why you haven't been yourself lately. because you've been" she hesitated, she couldn't bare to say it. "you've been shagging another woman"

the tears couldn't be held back any longer. they sprinted down the heartbroken girl's cheeks.

"how long?" she asked.

"what?"

"how long have you been seeing her rog?" she repeats.

he looked down again before answering her question. "about a month" he mumbles.

those three words hit y/n like a bullet in the heart. she let out a hard breath and fell back a little, grabbing onto the kitchen counter for support. she felt she couldn't breathe, she couldn't see.

"a whole month i've been living a lie" she whispered. and you pretended that everything was okay and normal" she raised her voice a little.

"y/n i'm so, so sorry" roger says, moving forward.

"don't come near me" y/n warns, her voice sharp.

"i- i screwed up"

"for a whole month yeah" she scoffs again and nods.

"please just-" roger sped towards his wife.

"just what roger!?" she shouted in his face, looking at him directly in those balls of blue eyes of his. he sighed.