only the best for you

i wake up to the sweet smell of food being cooked from downstairs. scrunching my nose up a little, i roll over onto my side and put my arm out to drape over roger. my arm falls on the bed and i furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

of course! i'm such an idiot. it's roger cooking the food. i groan and get out of bed to head downstairs to the kitchen where roger is.

"good morning love" he says with a warm smile. anything he does gives me fucking butterflies i swear.

"morning baby. didn't bother to make me anything now did you?" i joke sitting down at the little table in our kitchen.

"are you taking the piss!? i put all my blood and sweat into making this." he blurts, making me laugh.

"you know i'm only joking, but if you did put your actual blood and sweat in it i'm not eating it." i joke again. i loves teasing roger because he always whines like a child which i find amusing.

"you cheeky bugger" he laughs and i chuckle. roger sets the traditional english breakfast in front of me and sits down opposite from me.

"none for you love?" i ask, beginning to eat.
"nah, i had toast while i was making it. didn't really fancy it." he replies. i nod and continue to eat.

a while after a comfortable silence, me still eating and roger reading today's newspaper, he sets it down and begins to speak.

"after you've eaten darling, i want you to go and get yourself ready. i'm treating you today."
"oh roger meddows taylor, you better not spoil me rotten. you do it too much."
"but not enough baby, i want you looking your best for me now okay?" he winks with his signature smirk.

i smile and roll my eyes. "fine"
rogers smirk fades to a smile and his face softens.

"that's good." he says and stands up, walks around the table to me and puts his hand behind my head. "now i'm going to the petrol station to put some petrol in the car while you get ready okay?" he kisses the top of my head and i reply with an "okay, but i can't get ready that quickly you know" with a little chuckle.

"don't worry love" he says and he waves goodbye and walks out of the door.

rogers pov
i was actually quite nervous about tonight. i wanted to ask y/n if she wanted to try for a baby. we've been going out for two years now and i don't know about her, but i'm ready.

i go to the petrol station like i told y/n and after i go to freddie's to give her time to get ready.

"roger dear! what are you doing here?" freddie asks in his cheery voice. "my god you look like you've seen a ghost. is everything okay?"

i didn't notice before, but now i did. i was shaking like mad and i had gone a little light headed. i don't know why, i mean i'm only asking y/n if she wants to try for a baby and if she's not ready then that's fine.

"uh, y-yeah. i uh- basically i-"
"my god rog, come in or else we'll be standing here for days." freddie opens the door wider so i could come in. wow i was such a nervous wreck.

we sat down on the sofa, both with fags in between our fingers.
"what's wrong? is it about y/n? is she okay? have you broken up? where-"

"fred for fuck sake stop with all the questions." i snap. i sigh and rub my forehead. "sorry, it's just i'm taking her out tonight to treat her and i'm going to ask her if she wants to try for a baby considering we've been together for just over two years now and we've always used protection and she's been on birth control pills so we're extra careful."

freddie hums and i carry on.
"but i don't know why i'm so nervous about it because if she says she isn't ready, i'll totally understand and it won't be awkward after."