happy we're together

"fuck this school man" roger said, slouched down in his chair while in history.

"roger, how many times do i have to tell you about your language and your attitude towards school?" his teacher told him, stopping what she was talking about before hand to scold him.

"uh huh" he said, unbothered, looking out of the window.

"one more thing and you'll be out" she shook her head. roger rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"come on man, at least try to be good" brian whispered over to him. brian was rogers friend and they were both in a band together with two other boys. roger played drums and brian played guitar.

roger scoffed at his friends words.

"you just carry on with what you're doing brian. don't worry about me yeah?"

"sure" he shrugged and turned his attention to the teacher again.

"fuck this i'm getting out of here" roger muttered to himself after a couple of minutes.

"rog?" brian whispered, furrowing his brows at his friend.

"y'know i don't see the point in learning about elizabeth and shit" he said loud enough for everyone, but mostly his teacher to hear.

"right i've had enough" she slammed her whiteboard pen down on her desk, making some students jump. "get out of my classroom!" she shouted at him, pointing to the door.

"gladly" roger said, picking up his bag and storming out of the class. he rushed downstairs and chucked his bag out of a window, jumping out of it to follow and he ran home. it's fine, his parents wouldn't be there right now. they were working.

all he did was eat and listen to music when he got home and three hours later, he hears the slam of a door which makes him jump.

"fucking hell" he mutters to himself.

"roger meddows taylor get your arse down here now!"

"shit" it was his mother. he dashed downstairs and saw his mother standing in the middle of the living room, arms crossed.

"alright mum? you're home early-"

"oh don't give me the mister nice guy act" she cut him off, pointing at him. she sighed. "i got another phone call from your principle today. swearing, bad attitude towards school, slouching, not paying attention. come on roger, you need to stop this"

"but it's so boring mum!" roger whines, throwing himself backwards onto the sofa.

"i don't care, it's the law to go and you need to obey that. for now, until you learn to have a good attitude towards your school learning, i'm taking away your records and no tv"

"what the hell!?" roger exclaimed, sitting forward and putting his hands out.

"nevermind what the hell! give me proof that you can be good in school and i'll give you them back. i'll follow you around and sit in all of your classes if i have to" she said, now moving to the kitchen.

roger rolled his eyes and huffed.

"pasta for tea" his mum shouted in, getting out some pots, filling one with water and putting them on the cooker. roger just hummed in response, still sitting on the sofa with his arms crossed, staring at the wall.

there was a knock at the door.

"i'll get it" roger called, jogging up to the door, opening it to see brian, freddie, john and.. rogers crush.

freddie and john were also part of roger and brian's band. john played bass,
freddie sang, and sometimes played piano. roger had no idea what his crush was doing with them though. her name was y/n and roger was under her spell.

"u-uh h-hi guys. wh-what are you d-doing here?" he stuttered badly.

"we came to see what was going on with you" freddie waltzed in, the rest of the group following. "you ran out of school again, didn't you?" he asked.

"yeah, i've had enough of that shithole" roger said, shutting the door.

"who is it rog?" his mum called.

"shit i forgot about my mum" roger said, with a little bit of a chuckle. "uh, it's just the boys and y/n mum" he called back to her.

"y/n? who's y/n?" she soon came to the living room where everyone was now sitting down, wiping her hands with a tea towel.

"uh- uh uh, my friend" roger said.

she gave him a look, hummed and turned her back, walking back into the kitchen.

"how about we go to your room rog?" freddie smirked. roger looked at him, wondering what he was up to, but he agreed.

"okay, let's go" he stood up.

"uh, make yourself at home, y/n. the boys sure do" he said when they got up there.

"alright" you smiled, sitting on the bed and looking round. you hadn't told anyone at all, but you liked roger. like a lot, although you wondered why freddie, brian and john had invited you over to his house this afternoon.

"oh, well we're gonna go now" john smiled a cheeky smile. what were these boys up to? you and roger had no clue.

the boys got up and left, leaving you and roger all alone in his room.

"um, well i don't know what that was all about" roger chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "you don't have to stay if you don't want to- i mean, you're welcome to- whatever you want, i don't mind, but um, my mum took my records away and i'm not aloud to watch tv so there's not much to do really" he rambled on and on, making you giggle.

"i'd love to stay" you told him, blushing slightly.

"okay" he grinned widely.

'maybe i should tell her how i feel?' roger thought. 'but what if she doesn't like me back? what if she finds it weird and walks out? come on rog, you can do this. big balls, big balls.'

"uh, can i tell you something?" he started, sitting next to y/n on the bed.

"sure" she smiled her gorgeous smile.

'shit. no going back now. unless i make something up? no. i cant do that. just fucking tell her rog. remember, big balls'

"uh, well, you see-" he sighed, looking down. "what i'm trying to say is i've liked you for a really long time now. you probably don't like me back and that's fine, but i guess we're friends now so i don't want you to stop talking to me, but obviously i can't control that so if you just wanna leave and don't talk to me again that's fine. i just needed to tell you becau-" roger got cut off by y/n connecting her lips with his, which he obviously went along with.

"i like you too, roger" she smiled, looking into his eyes and then at her lap.

roger let out a breathy chuckle and he wiped his palm over his forehead. "so, do you wanna be my girlfriend, y/n?" he asked.

"i'd love to be rog" hearing her call him rog sent his stomach over. butterflies were flying all over the place in there and he'd never felt a feeling like it.

"just this once, because you're now grounded, the boys can stay for- ..tea.." his mum walked in, seeing this the boys were no longer here.

"oh the boys left, but can y/n stay for tea?" roger asked her as politely as he could with a sweet smile.

"uh, of course" she smiled back. "it's ready now if you are" she said and walked out.

y/n kissed roger before standing to go downstairs for tea.

"i happy we're together" she whispered against his lips. roger smiled against them and whispered back.

"me too"

this was a kind of write as you go thing so this wasn't planned in my head but i hope you like it.

it was requested by @RogahxTaylah for me to do a teenage rog imagine so i hope you like this too and sorry i didn't reply to your message, wattpad wouldn't let me smh