what if i told you..

(i've been in love with you since we were kids?)

(1981)
you and roger sat together on the little sofa you had in the studio. it was just you two there at the moment since the other three boys were out on a break. roger insisted that you two stayed so you could chill together on your own for a bit.

you both sat, smoking your cigarettes and drinking your cans of beer, talking about whatever came to mind.

"i love your hair" roger says out of nowhere. you smiled and looked at him, asking why.

"just the colour and how long it is. oh and how it just falls perfectly from your head and how it moves freely when you move" you snort at how weird he sounded but you found it quite sweet.

"thanks rog" you giggled. he cheekily smiled back,

"you're welcome" he giggled too, taking a swig of his beer.

absolutely no one knew but you had serious feelings for roger. you kept it bottled up to yourself like you have done for years and years now.

you and roger met in '64, and you instantly became very good friends. you moved to his high school that year and he made you feel very welcome and at home in an instant. you became very very close friends and you loved that.

although, you would love it even more if you could be rogers. all his and no one else's.

you didn't dare to tell him about your feelings though, as you were afraid that he didn't feel the same way about you and then it would become awkward between you both which you definitely did not want.

you sighed though, taking a big gulp of your drink before turning to the blonde drummer that sat beside you.

however, you notice that roger may or may not have been staring at you the whole time you were thinking to yourself.

"were you staring at me taylor?" you laugh and joke as his cheeks grow a shade of pink and he turns away.

he scoffs, not making eye contact with you and says, "you wish pretty girl"

"i do wish" you blurt out, quickly covering your mouth as soon as you realise what you had said.

"what?" roger turns to you, eyebrows furrowed.

"what?" you repeated, hoping that that would for some reason change the subject from this already.

"i heard what you said" he smirks, leaning back.

"what do you think of me?" you ask him, also leaning back. his smirk disappears and his face reads a serious impression.

"what do you mean?" you mentally face palm yourself, having to explain yourself further which you didn't want to do.

"i mean, what do you think i think of you?" you say, waiting for his answer.

he hesitates, looking up for a moment.

"well, i think that you think that i'm a nice guy, hopefully" he chuckles, making you laugh. "and that i'm extremely hot" he jokes, you roll your eyes playfully. i do. "and you care about me like you would if i was your family or something, i don't know" he shrugs, looking away from you.

you stared at him, smiling in awe at his softness. you rubbed his leg comfortingly, smiling at him to comfort him.

"your turn" he says, his voice soft. you panic a little inside but you push it to the side and mentally pull yourself together.

"well, i think that you think that i'm kind, a good friend, someone who you can talk to about whatever.." you got stuck thinking of things since they were about yourself. if they were about roger, you could be there all fucking day.

"i think all of those things love" he, again softly says. you give a small smile and look down.

"can i tell you something?" you asked him nervously, looking up again.

"of course you can, anything" he smiled. you nodded small and took at deep breath.

"well-" you got cut off by a pair of lips on yours, but they are soon pulled away.

"shit sorry, i- i uh-" roger stuttered.

"shut up" you said and quickly leaned forward, connecting your lips again to shut him up.

you kissed for quite a while but you had to eventually pull away to catch your breath. he smiled down at you as your foreheads connected, his hand rested on your cheek.

"what if i told you i've been in love with you since we were kids?" you whispered and he let out a breathy laugh.

"then we've been feeling the same thing for seventeen years" he whispered back, making your heart feel all kinds of things.

"and you didn't say anything!?" you joked, pulling away.

"hey! you didn't say anything either" he laughed, leaving you with nothing to say. "that's what i thought y/l/n"

"shut your mouth taylor" you grin and he pulled you into his arms.

"i'm glad that we can finally be like this" he says, your head rested on his chest, his arms around your waist and hands on your stomach. your hands rested on top of his and you smiled idiotically.

"so am i" you replied.

i got lazy and decided to end it here..