it's a very good song

"they won't approve of the song y/n!" roger exclaimed, raising his hands in the air.

he was pacing around your room while you were sat in bed, reading a book. he hadn't stopped banging on about this bloody song since he got home two hours ago.

"well convince them" you told him, tired of the situation now.

"i've tried that! they're like 'what are you doing with that car roger?' and 'it's a love song about a car' and 'it'll be an embarrassment to the band if we put it on the album'" he rambled on.

"the last one hurt though i must say" he added, pointing his finger.

"try harder tomorrow, please just give it a rest and come to bed. you've been at this for two hours non stop" you whined.

"i just can't understand why they think it'll be embarrassing" he carried on, you rolling your eyes. "i mean, i bet you freddie will write a love song for his cats. it'll be a whole different story then!" he sat cross legged on the floor now.

"yeah, that's more understandable though rog" you say, still not taking your eyes off of your book.

"why!?" he asked unbelievably.

"because.. cats are.. they're a living thing. a car is just an object" you shrugged.

"wh-" rogers voice cracked. "just an object? just a bloody object!? love, cars are the most amazing things in the world! they get you to where you want, you don't have to walk everywhere-"

"and easy to fall in love with?" you asked jokingly.

"i'm not the only one who loves cars like i do!" he says, slapping his hands on his knees.

"but you're one of them" you say.

roger sighed what you thought was in defeat, but you were wrong.

"i mean if you listen to the song, you'll actually like it. you'll bloody love it!" you put your book down and groaned, putting your hand to your face.

"roger please, i'm begging you to stop going on about this. it's too late for it and i can't hear myself think anymore" you told your boyfriend who was still sat on the floor on the other side of the room like a little schoolboy.

"you just don't understand though y/n" he says.

"roger" you repeated.

"yeah?" he asked.

"please. shut it"

"oh" he said quietly. "i'm sorry" his sudden sad tone made you feel extremely guilty and you sighed.

"if you want, if it will shut you up, i'll come to the studio tomorrow and listen to the song and then try to convince the boys to put it on the album, okay?"

"okay, thanks baby" he said, getting up. "i just have to go somewhere, i'll be like fifteen minutes or something"

"but roger, it's 2am!" you shouted after him as he walked out, but it was too late. you couldn't have stopped him anyway, you just carried on reading and hoped that he wouldn't be long.

roger walked through the cold night quickly so he wouldn't have to be out for long. he didn't want to get ill.

he walked for about five minutes until he got to his destination.

he walked to the garden at the back and climbed the house. he was very careful, but almost fell god knows how many times which scared the absolute shit out of him.

"you know, it's really not that bad of a song. it's actually a really good song. it's a very good song. i'm good at writing songs. y'know? it's a good song" he rambled.