butterflies going crazy

"ha ha! i win again!" i cheer happily as i had just won another game of scrabble. we'd been playing all afternoon and all night.

"that's not fair! you must be cheating. you must be" roger whines, folding his arms together.

"aw don't be a sore loser eh rog" i mock.

"i'm not, you're being a.. a sore winner" he said, rather confused as to what he had come out with.

"okay whatever you say" i laugh.

the sound of thunder grabs my attention.

"ah shit, i better get home before the storm gets any bloody worse" i stand up from where i was sitting at the coffee table and walk to get my coat and shoes.

"aw it's only 12am" roger says.

"only" i smile, getting my shoes on.

lightning struck, grabbing mine and rogers attention to the window again.

"oh you're not going anywhere" he says getting up.

"but rog my flat-" i start.

"will be fine. it's not like it's gonna, i don't know run off?" roger says, cutting me off mid sentence.

i furrow my eyebrows slightly at him and smile a small smile.

"look if anything happens to it, which i very highly doubt will, there are loads of other people living in the same building. they will notice and go to it okay?" he says.

i sigh in defeat.

"alright taylor, you win" i take my shoes off and hang my coat back up again and walk back over to where roger was.

"finally" he smiles a cheeky smile. i just roll my eyes playfully.

"let's get to bed because of this bloody weather. i can get the spare bedroom set up while you get ready for bed. how's that sound?" he asks now putting the scrabble pieces away and everything else back in the box.

"good idea. just one problem rog" i say. he looks over to me while he put the letters in the green bag.

"what's that?" he asks.

"i don't have anything to sleep in" i say matter of factly.

"oh right yeah. uh you can sleep in one of my t shirts if you want. i have some sweatpants you can borrow too" he says.

"i love having a guy best friend" i laugh, making roger chuckle.

"s'what i'm here for" he smiles.

roger puts the scrabble box back on the shelf and gets me some clothes to sleep in. he hands me them, me thanking him and going into the bathroom to sort myself out while he got the spare bedroom ready.

i walk in and lock the door behind me. even if it was just me in my flat, i always locked the bathroom door. a habit i've always had since i was younger for some reason.

i set the clothes over the side of the bathtub and put my hair up into a messy ponytail. i walk over to the sink and wash my face.

i wasn't too pleased that i couldn't brush my teeth but at the thought, i started rummaging round for one, trying not to find anything i shouldn't have. like what you ask? i don't know.

"ah ha" i say quietly to myself as i find one spare toothbrush.

i take it out of the cupboard and begin to brush my teeth. once i did that, i got changed and man were rogers clothes comfy.

i unlock and walk out of the door, my day clothes draped over my right arm. i walk to the spare bedroom where roger was.

"i'm back" i smile. he turns his head around from making the bed and smiles back at me.

"yeah i see that" he says, grinning cheekily again.

"oi try to sound at least a little pleased" i joke, hitting him gently on the back.

"sorry love" he giggled.

love.

a nickname he always called me and only me. a nickname that gave me butterflies every time he called it me. a nickname that i love.

"anyway these clothes are damn comfy. where do you shop?" i joke, laughing.

"i thought you would've known that by now considering i'm your guy best friend" he said.

"i'm sorry, i don't keep record of where everyone i know shops" i say, making roger laugh.

"i stole em" he says.

"you what!?" i shriek.

"relax, i got them from the stall i owned with freddie at kensington market a year ago. we stole all the clothes we sold there" roger told me. (pretty sure they did?)

"you never told me that" i say. he just smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

"all ready for you love" he smiles at me.

there it is again.

"thank you rog" i say.

"it's no problem" he says. "night y/n"

"night rog" i get into bed and roger walks out, closing the door behind him.

i sigh and stare at the ceiling thinking about how i felt about him.

yes, i have feelings for him but i can't tell him that. we're best friends, always have been since year nine when i moved over here from manchester.

he was the first person i talked to on my first day of school. he made me feel welcome straight away and i loved him for that. as a friend obviously.

now as the time passed we grew closer and closer if that was even possible and now we see each other every single day. i love that.

my thoughts- and rogers scent on his clothes soon put me to sleep and it was nice until the loud thunder woke me up some hours later.

"fucking hell" i mutter to myself, leaning on my left elbow, sitting up slightly and rubbing my right eye.

i get up and walk as quietly as i could to rogers bedroom. i knock twice, waiting for an answer- if he was still awake.

"yeah? come in love" i heard his voice tell me.

"uh r-rog?" i ask, slowly walking in and shutting the door again.

"you okay?" he asked, concern in his voice.

"um yeah but c-can i sleep in your bed- w-with you? i'm scared of the storm when i'm alone" i ask shamefully.

"of course you can. i'll keep you safe" he smiled. i smiled back a little and walked over to the bed and got in as roger opened his arms out to welcome me.

"you'll be okay, nothing to worry about" he whispered as he got me in his arms where i felt i should be always. it felt so right.

"thank you rog" i whisper back.

"no problem" he said.

i look up at him and he looks back at me. i look in his beautiful eyes, then down to his lips, then his eyes, then his lips. he does this same pattern and i was the first to lean in, bringing our lips together.

i felt fireworks and the butterflies in my stomach went crazy but like i said, it felt right.

our lips came apart and i look at him and smile. he had a light tint of pink spread on his cheeks. it was quite adorable.

"i really like you rog" i whispered and kissed his nose. i put my head back down against his rising and falling chest, closing my eyes and very quickly falling asleep again.

sorry for not updating in a while. i've been writing for my actual story too and school started again just over a week ago.

i'll try to write more for this book i promise <3