doin' alright

"god i'm so nervous" i say, shaking my hands to stop them from shaking.
"you're gonna be fine, y/n. we're here with you and just pretend that there's no one in the room." brian tells me.

"yeah thanks brian, but that may be a bit hard to do when they're all stood right in front of me staring." i sarcastically say making tim and roger chuckle.

it's time for us to go on and we perform what we gotta perform and it goes down well. when we finish we head to the back and roger soon finds himself a friend. i roll my eyes and brush it off.

"uh, roger?" tim calls over to him. he groans and turns around.
"yes tim?"
"i actually need you to come with us. i need to tell you all something." i furrow my eyebrows, confused as to what could be so important.

"ugh fine." he huffs, grabbing the girls hand that he planned on running off with and walks with us.

"so, uh i'm just letting you all know that i'm leaving the band." he announces.
"wait what!?" i exclaim. we were all sat in the back of rogers van apart from the girl who was standing between rogers legs, her back against his chest. i again ignore and brush it off, focusing on what tim had just told us.

"i just figured that we aren't going anywhere with this. i need to do something that has a purpose, that will actually get me somewhere in life." roger scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"that's why i've joined a band called humpy bong." he continues. the girl snorts and i look at her in disgust.

"humpy bong? are you joking?" roger was pissed off now. "sorry guys. i gotta go for it." and with that he walks off.

"can you actually believe that guy!?" i scoff.
"well he is kinda right, y/n. we aren't getting anywhere with this, but i don't wanna stop and i'm sure you two don't either.

a guy then walks up to us telling us how much he liked the show. we thank him and he pulls out a piece of paper from his back pocket.

"i write songs.. if it's any interest to you?" no one takes the paper and he puts it back into his pocket awkwardly. "it's just a bit of fun really."

"well you're five minutes too late mate." i tell him. he looks at me, confusion written on his face.
"our lead singer just quit." brian adds. the guy smiles confidently.

"well then you'll need someone new won't you?"
"got any ideas?" brian asks.
"what about me?" he holds his arms out to the side as if he was presenting himself.

roger chuckles, "yeah, not with those teeth of yours mate." the mans smiles fades and i hit roger on the chest, making him cry out in pain. "ow that fucking hurt!"
"don't be so fucking rude roger!" i exclaim.

"hey don't talk to him like that!" the girl says, giving me a look of disgust. "oh sorry, gonna punish him by not giving him a shag?" i sarcastically say making her roll her eyes.
"who are you anyway?" she asks.

"y/n, part of the band if you actually took your eyes off of my bandmate for at least one second and noticed."
"whatever. come on rog, let's go." she took his hand, leading him back inside. she used my nickname for him! i thought. what a bitch! i then realise i need to apologise to the man for what roger said.

"sorry about that and what roger said. i think you have wonderful teeth." i say.
"thank you dear. it's quite alright i get that a lot." this made me feel sorry for him.
"what's your name anyway?" i ask.

"freddie bulsara." he says.
"nice name. suits you." brian points out. he again thanks brian this time and we talk some more.

he sings us a part of our song to show us what we can do and man he can sing! we hire him as our new lead singer. now just to get a bass player.

i head inside to get a drink and as i walk past i see the girl storming out not looking very happy, which i found quite amusing. roger was speed walking behind.

"baby i'm sorry." i hear him call.
"don't fucking call me that you bastard!" she shouts at him.
"hey don't speak to him like that!" i tell the girl harshly.

"oh i'm sure you'll love this" she starts.
"abby, no. don't say anything." roger pleads, but she ignores him.

"while me and your bandmate here were having sex, he starts moaning-"
"woah, too much fucking information jesus christ. i don't want to know." i say beginning to walk off, but the girl grabs my wrist and continues.

"he's moaning, cuz like i'm so good at it and then he moans your fucking name!" i freeze and the girl storms off.

"what?" i whisper, roger in sight from standing behind abby, begging her not to tell.
"y/n, it's-" he starts, but i cut him off.
"not true? well as seen as though you were begging her not to tell, it seems pretty true to me."

the truth was, i was kinda happy that happened because i had had a massive crush on roger for years and never told him. well when i say crush.. i think i mean, kinda love him.. i was angry that he was lying about it though.

"roger i need to tell you something." i look down at my feet, avoiding eye contact.
"well, i uh, i think and i know that this is a big word to use, but it's true-"
"y/n just spit it out!" roger says.

"okay okay! roger taylor, i think, no, i know i'm in love with you," his mouth falls slightly open and i become nervous to what he was going to say next.

"y/n, i feel the same way. i only use other girls as a distraction, but it never seems to work. i think of you anyway because to me, you're the prettiest girl in the room. always." i finally look up making eye contact with roger and can't help but smile and hug him.

"d-do you want to be official or.." i nervously ask him during the hug.
"yes. yes i do." he replies. "but only if you want to. i don't want to force you into anything."

"so you gonna be my boyfriend or what taylor?" i look up at him smirking.
"you bet y/l/n" he smiles at me and we share a loving kiss.
————————————-
words: 1122

i actually don't know what this is but i gave up at the end. hopefully i have made up for the short chapter :)

also, sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. it's 11:51pm and i have school tomorrow so that's fun (sense the sarcasm dudes)