we can't

i had met roger before when my best friend rachel had introduced him to me. roger and rachel are best friends and have been ever since they met on their first days of university years ago, but they were nothing more than best friends.

roger was the drummer of the band queen so rachel being best friends with roger meant that she was also very close with the band.

she has known them all for five years now and for all of those years she's been trying to get me to meet them, especially roger but i've always been too shy and said no.

i'd listened to some of their songs on rachels record player when i went around her house. every single time i went she always had one of their albums on and it got quite annoying after a while.

when i saw roger my heart skipped a beat and i felt like i couldn't breathe around him. a bit cheesy i know, but you can't help your feelings. he was a very good looking young man, aged twenty one years and he didn't seem how rachel had described his personality to be.

she said that he was a very confident man around everyone and quite talkative only when i met him he was.. quiet and seemed almost shy, but i never thought anything of it.

"okay, you can borrow one of my dresses. i have the perfect one for you!" she said happily as she bounced up and down on her feet, clapping her hands together.

i had finally been persuaded by her to come to one of queen's concerts and meet them after the show and go and get some drinks at a nearby pub just the six of us and i was very nervous, my anxiety going all over the place.

"nothing too revealing rach" i say as i watch her look around in her wardrobe for the 'perfect dress for me. ' "you know what i'm like."

"don't worry- ah there you are you fucker" she whips out the dress, presenting it to me. "you'll look great in it and who knows, you might catch someone's eye" she winks, making me roll my eyes.

"that's not what i'm coming for. i'm just gonna watch the concert, have some drinks afterwards and go home." i say.

"you better be fun." she says.
"i will! if i get drunk and i'm about to do something stupid just please pull me away and that means, hitting on guys."

"yes okay. now, sit down and i'll do your hair and makeup." i sit down at her dressing table and let her do what she's got to do.

about an hour later she finally finishes. "all done! you look amazing and you'll look even better with that dress on." rachel stands back, admiring her hard work in the mirror stood in front of us.

"i suppose i'll go and put it on then" i laugh and i grab the dress and make my way to the bathroom.

i strip down and slide the dress on, struggling to do the zip up. i walk back to rachel's room where she was getting herself ready.

"would you mind doing the zip for me? i can't do it" i ask her. she turns to look at me, a smile on her face.

"of course! you look so pretty y/n!" i chuckle and turn around so she can do my zip.

-

we both walk in to the massive room hand in hand so we don't lose each other. the stage stood before everyone at the front and we made our way there as we, well rachel managed to get front row tickets so we could see everything that went on.

"are you excited?" she asks me, a smile plastered on her face from excitement.
"i'm very excited and i can tell you are too" i laugh.
"i am! i'm so proud of them all"

about half an hour later, the lights dim and loud cheers come from everyone around us, both me and rachel joining in and clapping our hands together.

strums of the guitar are heard for effect and the frontman of the group, named freddie mercury runs out, doing silly actions as he looks out to the audience, the crowd getting louder and louder.

the guitarist, brian may walks out next, waving to everyone with a cute smile on his face. bassist john deacon comes out next, waving a little wave and getting himself in position.

last but definitely not least i see roger sneakily take his place at his drums, hitting each drum to make sure they all sound right.

freddie sits down at the piano sat at the side of the stage, pressing some keys and making some adjustments so it sounded right.

he begins to play the famous bohemian rhapsody, the crowd screaming in excitement and waving their arms during the more softer part.

"beezlebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for meeee" everyone starts jumping up and down at the heavy guitar.

the rest of the night just consisted of singing and dancing and i quite enjoyed myself.

when the show ended people began to file out and we went backstage to meet with the band. i was really nervous and i was scared of making the wrong impression resulting in them not liking me. rachel puts a hand on my arm, which was linked with hers, noticing how tense i became.

"don't worry, you'll be fine. i know they're going to love you, besides you've met roger before so it won't be that bad." she tells me.

"i know i know, it's just my anxiety you know" i say. she gives me a small smile and we approach the bands dressing room door, their name on the door.

rachel knocks on and opens the door, peering in.

"where are my fantastic boys?" she says as she peeks her head round the door.
"right in here darling" i hear a voice say. freddie.

"i have a friend here who i want you to meet." we were both fully in the room now and i kept my head down, hand holding my left arm.

"don't be shy lovie, come here" freddie tells me. i shyly walk over to him and he gives me a hug in which i hug back, not being rude.

"what's your name?" he asks me.
"uh it's-" i start.
"y/n" a voice says, coming across from the other side of the room, finishing my sentence.

i look over and see roger. he didn't look very much different, but that feeling came back that i had those five years ago.

"h-hi roger" i say.
"ohh is this the one that you kept talking about back then rog?" brian asks.

"no! no i did not talk about her. i- i don't know what you're on about" roger stumbles with his words and freddie hums in amusement.

"sure you don't rog" he winks at him.

"it's nice to meet you by the way, y/n" brian comes over and shakes my hand. i shake back and reply. "it's nice to meet you too."

john comes over and shakes my hand timidly and i again shake his hand back, having a small talk with him.

"y/n was very nervous meeting you all" rachel says. "i did tell her that it was nothing to worry about and that you'll love her"

"oh darling don't worry, we'll make you feel welcome" freddie says.
"thank you" i was still a bit shy.

"you did amazing by the way as always" rachel beams, proudly.
"thanks rach" roger goes and hugs her, me watching.

he didn't really speak much to me. did he hate me? will he not speak a word to me at all? i still did really like roger but now i didn't know if i had a chance with him anymore.

"now, what about them drinks at the pub?" john speaks up.
"good idea" brian says, heading for the door.
-------------------------------
sorry if there's any mistakes, part two will be up very soon <3