a night at the bar part two

the phone rang and i stood waiting for an answer. it rang for quite a while and i started thinking. what if he changed his mind? he doesn't want to see me anymore? what if he's forgotten all about me?

i cut myself from my thoughts and put the phone down. i sighed and went to make myself a cup of tea. he told me he was a ladies man. he never wanted something in the first place. especially not with me.

rogers pov
the sound of my phone ringing woke me up. figuring it was just brian or someone i groan and ignore it.

damn whoever was calling me sure wanted to get hold of me. i suddenly remember the events of last night, or should i say this morning and remember about y/n.

i gave her my number and we were seeing each other today. i dart out of bed and run as fast as i can, phone still ringing down the stairs.

"shit shit shit shit please dont go off" i breath. as soon as i get close to the phone, the sound of silence fills the air.
"fuck no!" i shout. i hit the wall in frustration. im so stupid! theres no way of getting hold of her now.

i then think of something. i'll go down to the pub i was at last night and see if i can get her number there.

i run to get changed and freshened up and go out of the door, rushing to the pub.

-

running up to the bar, i quickly ask if they have y/n's number recorded down anywhere.

"why? who are you?" the man asks, raising an eyebrow.
"i met her here last night. we talked and she called me this morning but i missed it and i need to talk to her or else i won't see her again." i quickly spoke out of breath.

the barman looks at me for a while, suspicion on his face.
"you could just come back when she's working, so you would see her again, she works all week apart from-"
"mondays and tuesdays" i finish his sentance. i become happy, but realised that i wanted to see her today. not in two days.

"yes, well im feeling generous. i'll give you her number." the barman says, walking to the back.

"yes!" i say quietly to myself and wait for him to come back.

"i didnt give you this." he says, handing me a piece of paper with y/n's number on it.

"oh thank you! thank you!" i say and run out, back into my car and rush home to call y/n,

y/n's pov
i had tried calling roger again fifteen minutes later, but there was still no answer. i finally give up, slump on the sofa and flick on the tv.

ten minutes later, the phone rings and i shoot up, turning off the tv and rushing to answer it.

"hello?" i say, desperation in my voice.
"hey, it's me, roger" the voice on the other end of the line speaks.

"hi, how did you get my number?" i ask. how did he get it?
"oh uh, somewhere" he says rather quickly and changes the subject on how he got my number.

"did you call me this morning love?" he asks. love.
"yeah, i thought you'd forgotten about me or didn't actually want to see me again" i say nervously.

"what? don't talk daft love, of course i want to see you again and with that being the subject, will i see you today?"
"yeah, sure" i smile to myself of the thought of seeing roger again.

"good good." he says. "hey i was thinking we could go for a walk and head back to my place afterwards, thats if you did want to see me today, which you do so what do you think?" i found it kinda cute how he kept rambling on.

"i would love that blondie. i'll meet you outside the pub in half and hour?"
"sounds great"
"okay well see you in half an hour roger" i smile again.
"bye, y/n" roger replies and i put the phone down and rush upstairs to get ready and cleaned up.

-

"hiya" i call, walking up to roger who had a cigarette hanging from his lips and was taking in the surroundings.
"hey, y/n" roger replies, turning around to face me. "how are you?"
"i'm great thanks, how about you?" he was so sweet to me, no man has ever talked to me how roger is right now and i loved it.

"not too bad" he exhales the smoke into the air, away from me so it doesn't get in my face.

we take a little walk, talk about ourselves and a bit more of what we do now. roger said he studied dentistry in college but that hadn't lasted long and after he started to study biology. 

he was really intelligent and told me a little about it which i found quite interesting.

-

"so this is my house" roger says, opening his door, me walking in behind him.
"it looks so cosy, is it nice in the winter?" i ask.

"so cosy in the winter" he smiles, taking off his jacket and shoes and i do the same.

"tea?" roger asks me walking to the kitchen.
"two sugars please blondie" i smile, sitting down on the sofa.

i hear roger chuckle from the kitchen. "you love calling me blondie don't you?" he says.
"i think it's a cute nickname" i shrug, even though he wasn't looking at me.

"you know what else is cute?" he says, coming back to the living room with our tea.
"oh yeah? what?" i take the tea from him and sit back on the sofa so i'm more comfortable.

"you" he says, sitting down beside me. my stomach gets attacked by butterflies and i smile. we both pause and stare at each other's eyes and i got completely lost in his.

he starts to lean in and i copy his actions, our lips locking, tongues sliding over each other's. even though we had only met last night, i really really liked roger and i'm pretty sure he felt the same way about me.

we pull away and i look into his eyes again. "i know we just met last night, but i really like you roger." i say, telling him my thoughts.
"i really like you too y/n. i want to see you again." he says.

i nod and tell him, "you will."
"good" he smiles and kisses me again.

for the rest of the night, we talk, watch some tv, listen to some records and just have a laugh. i had a really nice night and to be honest, i didn't want to leave.

"uh roger?" i say, nervously. he looks over at me, his bright blue eyes glistening beautifully.
"yeah?"

"if you don't want me to, that's fine, but is it okay if i stay over tonight?" i play with my fingers, eyes glued to them. roger lifts my head up by my chin with his fingers, making me look at him.

"it's more than okay. you're welcome here anytime love" he smiles, making me calm and relaxed. i smile back and thank him.

"no problem. do you wanna go to bed now?" i nod and we stand and go to rogers room. he lends me a shirt and some trackies to wear in bed and we settle down, soon falling asleep, me in roger's arms.
----------------------------------
part two was requested by Grandmadeaky so here it is : )