can i come over?

you sat in your room on your bed, the only sound in the house was the arguing of your parents, again. they'd been arguing for an hour straight and all that time, you had been sat in your room listening.

you got up and out of your room, sitting on the stairs and watching the two argue from behind the railing.

your mother was screaming and pointing whereas your father was arguing back, telling her to stop screaming and to keep her voice down because of you, which angered your mum even more.

"don't fucking tell me what to do!" she'd snapped at him.

you rolled your eyes and went back to your room, going straight to the telephone and dialling rogers number.

roger was your best friend and has been since the start of nursery which was a long time ago, twelve years ago to be precise.

his voice soon filled your ears, making you instantly happy.

"hello?" he said when he answered.

you let out a small "rog?"

"y/n? you okay?" he asked, hearing how quiet you were.

"can i come over?.. my parents are fighting again" you bit your nail, waiting for his reply.

he sighed. "y/n, you know you can. i've told you, you don't have to ask, just turn up. me or my parents don't mind at all, we love you" you smiled down the phone.

"thank you roger, really"

"it's okay, i'll make you some hot chocolate for when you get here, how's that sound?"

"amazing, i'll see you soon. love ya"

"love ya y/n. see you" you put the phone down and put some spare clothes in a bag before heading downstairs and to the front door.

"and where do you think you're going?" your mum asked you, grabbing your arm to stop you from going anywhere.

"to rogers away from this crap" you spat, tugging your arm away from your mother and storming out, slamming the door behind you.

luckily roger only lived five minutes away so it wouldn't be a long walk. while walking through the dark and cold december streets, you thought about how lucky you were to have roger as a friend, letting you go over to his anytime and doing anything for you.

it was vice versa though, you would do anything for roger and you would let him come round to yours anytime, no matter what the time was. you loved him.. as a friend, or that's what he thought.

you reached his house and knocked, waiting for an answer. winifred, his mum opened up with a wide smile on her face.

"hello dear" she beamed, letting you in.

"hi wini, rog did tell you i was coming over didn't he? i don't want to intrude if he didn't" you asked.

"oh nonsense, he told us, yes, but you wouldn't be intruding if he didn't, not at all. he told me that you'd be saying this and he told me what he said to you, i can't stress it enough that you can come anytime" winifred told you, taking your coat.

you thanked her with a smile. "michael, come and greet y/n" she shouted into the living room.

he trudged in and gave you a smile when he saw you.

"hello darling, how are you?" he asked.

you shrugged. "i'm alright, my parents are arguing again"

"it's okay, they'll work it out soon" michael told you, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"i hope so" you sighed.

"roger, y/n's here" winifred shouted up the stairs, roger soon running down to you.

"you okay?" he asked you, hugging you and taking your bag.

"yeah, could be better" you said, hugging him back.

"i'll make you feel better, i have that hot chocolate upstairs" he smiled. "come on, you can get your comfy clothes on and we can watch christmas films if you like"

"sounds great" you smiled back, the two of you walking upstairs and to rogers room.

"he's so good with her" wini said to michael.

"yeah" he agreed and went back to the living room to watch tv.

"you can get changed in here, i'll wait outside" roger told you, walking back out and shutting the door. "oh and your hot chocolate is on the bedside cabinet" he smiled.

you chuckled and nodded. "thanks" he nodded his head once and shut the door to give you privacy.

you quickly got changed so roger wouldn't have to wait for ages and you shouted him back in when you were done.

"christmas movies!" you exclaimed, bouncing up and down and clapping your hands together.

"and the marathon begins" roger chuckled, jumping on the bed, you doing the same next to him and snuggling by his side.

you two weren't boyfriend and girlfriend but you acted like it, apart from the kissing. you didn't kiss, obviously.

you lay for hours watching different christmas movies and then got up, dancing to christmas songs.

you laughed, jumping around with roger when he fell onto the bed, making you fall on top of him. you felt your face go extremely red, yet you didn't move.

he stared into your eyes and started to slowly lean in. your heart started to pound but you too leaned in.

your lips soon met and melted together perfectly. roger cupped your cheek with one hand and continuously kissed you. when he realised what he was doing, he quickly pulled away.

"shit, i'm sorry i- i didn't mean to-" he rambled, breaking eye contact.

"roger"

"what?" he looked into your eyes again.

"i think i love you" you whispered, getting off of him and sitting beside him, him sitting up.

"re- really?" his eyes widened and you nodded. he smiled and looked down. "well, i know i love you"

you blushed and looked down, letting out a little laugh.

"stop, that's adorable" roger whined, admiring you as he did.

"shut up" you laughed, hitting him.

"so, are you gonna be my girlfriend then?" he smirked.

you paused, pretending to think about it. "hmm, maybe" you smirk.

"don't fuck about" he laughed.

"okay, okay if you really want me to be"

"i do, don't lie, you want to be too"

"i do" you leaned in and kissed roger again, hugging him after. "i love you" you whispered in his ear.

"i love you too baby" he whispered back, kissing your temple. "and this time i don't mean it as a friend"

"me neither"

this is short and took me over an hour to write, although i am watching home alone at 00:33am while writing..