fun day out

"so you know how i'm going out today?" i asked roger, who was making tea for us. he turns around with the two hot mugs in his hands smiling.

"yeah, what about it?" he says, setting the mugs down on the table that i and now the both of us were sat at.
"well, i was thinking that you could take the kids out for a nice day out. you know, just you and the kids."

roger's expression went from smiley to worried in a matter of a second.
"y-you mean l-like on m-my o-own?" he stutters badly.

roger had never been out with the kids on his own without me there so he was quite worried.

"yeah, you'll be fine rog" i rest my hand on top of his for comfort.
"b-but what if something goes wrong? what if i lose one of them, or worse.. all of them?"

"oh you're just being dramatic now." i roll my eyes. "listen to me. you will be fine" i stop in between each word.

"okay okay, fine. don't worry love." roger smiles at me, making me smile.
"good! now i need to go and get ready and then i'll get the kids ready so you don't have the hassle of doing that." i say getting up from the table and losing contact of roger as our hands parted.

"you're just the best" roger says. "i love you" i smile again.
"i love you too" i lean over and kiss him and i go to get ready.

-

"now your mother told me that i must take you three out today" i tell my three daughters, bella, amy and olivia. bella was the oldest, ten years already. amy was seven and olivia was six. it only seemed like yesterday that they were born which was so scary.

"can we go to your studio daddy? pleaseee?" bella pleads me, dragging out the 'e.'
"uhh well i'm meant to be taking you on a proper day out, but sure" i say. the three girls that were stood in front of me cheer happily that we were going to the studio.

"hey, maybe uncle brian, uncle freddie and uncle john are there too" i say as i grab their coats from the coat holders.
"yayy uncle freddie!" olivia cheers. she absolutely loved freddie and freddie adored her. they all adored all of my children.

-

we got to the studio and as soon as we walked in, olivia and amy both let go of my grasp and run towards freddie, who was sitting at the grand piano that was sat in the corner of the booth.

"oh my darlings!" he shrieked, englufing them in huge hugs, the two girls giggling away. bella said that she was a big girl now so she didn't do all of that baby stuff like her sisters so she sensibly walked up to freddie and gave him a hug.

"uh, don't we get hugs?" brian says, him and john pretending to look hurt. they went over to them and gave them hugs too.

"now i thought you couldn't be here today rog, i mean you can do your parts if you want to and if that's what you're here to do.." freddie says to me.

"the girls wanted to come so i guess i could do my parts." i say.
"can we bang on your drums daddy?" amy asks, doing the old puppy eyes trick, convincing me to say yes.

"i'm sure daddy likes to bang mummy's drums." freddie smirks, giving me a side glance in which i shoot him a glare.

"why? does mummy have a set of drums too?" olivia asks, obviously confused.
"no no! it's a uh, grown up joke. you won't get it. don't worry about it, now all three of you go into the recording booth and don't touch anything until i'm with you."

"mhm, i'm sure daddy has a hard time not touching mummy." freddie comments again, loud enough for my children to hear.
"what?" amy says, furrowing her eyebrows.
"nothing!" i close the door and turn to freddie.

"what the fuck!? not in front of my kids fred, or not in front of anyone if that!" i exclaim and i could hear john and brian giggling away like little girls in the corner of the room making me turn to them.

"and what's funny about this guys? hm? feel free to share." i snap.
"sorry rog, shut up deaky!" brian says, hitting john in the chest, causing him to wince in pain.

"another comment like that from any of you and we will leave." i say and i walk to the booth where the girls were waiting.

"okay dad" freddie mutters jokily, john and brian giggling again.

"so who's turn first?" i ask, standing in front of bella, amy and olivia waiting for either of their responses.

"me!" olivia shouts and i fake fall backwards a little, putting my finger in my ear as if her yelling made me deaf.
"bloody hell i think i'm deaf now!" i say dramatically, my three girls laughing at my silliness.

"right come over here" i tell her as i walk over to my precious drum set. she follows me behind and i get her in place on my lap, drum sticks ready in her hands and my foot on the pedal for the bass drum.

"what song do you want to play?" i ask her.
"killer queen!" she cheered happily.
"not one of daddys songs?" i pout.
"no! killer queen!" she cheers again.
"alright" i shrug and i play my drum parts of killer queen, freddie playing it on the piano and singing the lyrics.

bella and amy sang along with freddie, me and olivia concentrated in our playing.

after it was amy's turn and she wanted to play john's song under pressure. still no request of playing one of my songs. don't let me down bella. again, me and amy played the drums, freddie, olivia and bella singing the lyrics.

i looked over and saw the joy on my daughter's faces as they sang along and that made me so happy.

bella was the last and she wanted to play sleeping on the sidewalk.
"no one wants to play any of my songs?" i pout again, looking at the girls.

"don't worry rog, it's only because our songs are way better than yours" brian smirks.
"shut up brian! i'm not listening!" i complain.
"stop being a baby daddy" amy laughs.

"yeah rog" john laughs. "don't be a baby"

"shut up" i say. "fine. we'll play brian's song." i sulk. it's the same again, but brian singing as he originally does and me and bella playing. amy and olivia didn't really know the lyrics to this song so they just watched.

a while after, we all chilled out a little, talked and had a laugh while the girls played with some of their toys that i had brought with us.

it was pushing on tea time and y/n should be home any minute now so i decided that it was time to go.

"right, hug goodbye to your uncles girls." i tell them as i gathered their stuff together.

"i'll see you girls soon yeah?" brian says as they hugged him. they nod and go over to john, hugging him. "love you all i hope i see you very soon." he says.
"don't be too much trouble for your mummy and daddy eh?" freddie tells them when they went over to him. they respond with a "we won't" and run over to me.

"hey boys, look how much of a man roger looks now" freddie says, laughing.
"haha very funny" i reply sarcastically and grab the girls' hands and turn to leave.

"and by the way, i am such a man thank you very much" i see the amused expressions glued to all of their faces and leave.

-

"where did you go with them then?" y/n asks me, holding a glass of wine in her left hand, a cigarette in her right, all three girls tucked up in bed.

"well i know you told me for it to be just me and the girls but they wanted to go to the studio and were excited to see freddie and the boys. is that okay?" i told her, my wine glass sat on the coffee table and my cigarette hanging from my lips.

"at least they had a good time" she smiles.
"yeah they did, all three of them played on my drums. maybe they could be following my footsteps for the future." i smile back.

"aw and to think i missed all of that" she laughs, imagining what went on today.
"sang as well" i add, her face looking of adoration.

we cuddled and watched tv for the rest of the night and eventually went to bed, talking for a while before we both fall asleep.