The Call

(This book was started October 11, 2014 and finished December 27, 2014. Any information given in A/N in this book, is probably outdated. I also have other Thomas Sangster fanfictions that were written more recently, so please, check those out. If you have any questions please feel free to message the author SunnyCoolKid. All rights reserved.)

     As a general rule, you knew Thomas never really played roles that smiled. And ever since you were little, ever since you'd seen Nanny McFee, you wondered- why? He had an amazing smile. Well, technically he was amazing in general. At least you thought so. And that was all that mattered to you. You didnt care what other people thought, "He doesn't look manly enough." "He's too skimpy." But he wasn't - he was perfect.

You didn't mind keeping him to yourself either. And as you got older, you never forgot about him. Sure, maybe you weren't as crazy about him as you used to be, but he was still there. He'd pop into your head every now and then, and every time he did, you'd go straight to Pinterest and look at pictures of him because you didn't want to forget him.

But then you turned twenty. You'd always been an avid reader so of course you'd read The Maze Runner. And then you found out they were making it into a movie. How you found out, is another thing. It's actually kind of a funny thing.

You'd grown up in Utah, and as you'd grown up, you discovered your passion for acting. By the age of fourteen you'd made it your lifetime goal to act professionally. On Broadway or in movies - you didnt care. You just had to act. You knew it. And you achevied that goal.

You played extras. It started out in commercials and TV shows and now you could feel yourself on the verge of a breakthrough. A big one.

One day you got a call. A call from a man who would change your life - for better or for worse. One from Wes Balls men. He offered you the job of an extra. In The Maze Runner. Just as a scientist. You knew this train was only passing by and you had to jump on it now. Of course, you said yes. You couldn't have been more excited.

They didn't know who the lead roles were yet. And as this man, Frank was his name, continued to talk to you, he took a liking to you.

"Tell ya what," Frank said, "As soon as I find out who the leads are, i'll call ya and tell ya, right?"

You smiled, "Yeah, that sounds great! Thank you!"

"Don't mention it."

"Okay then. I won't. Ive got to go. Bye!"

"Bye."

- - - -

He did call.

You felt the excitement weighing heavily on your chest as you answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey! Great news! We've got our lead roles!"

"That is great! Who are they?"

"Uhhhh, Dylan O'Brian as Thomas. Kaya Scodelario as Teresa. Will Poulter as Gally. Thomas Sangster as Newt-"

You collapse onto your couch in a coughing fit.

"Whoa, there, chicka? Are you okay?"

You manage to pull out of your shock for just a minute, "Oh, yeah. I'm just dandy. I just....I have to go. You have my email right?"

"Sure do!"

"Awesome! Can you email the names to me?"

"Yeah."

"Great. Great. Okay, I really have to go now! Bye!"

You hang up before he has the chance to say goodbye.

You place your hands on your warm cheeks, which you know are red.

"Ah, crap. Oh, shoot. Holy crap. Crap, shoot, crap shoot, crap, shoot, crap, shoot...." Your words slowly start to fade into a whisper until you say nothing at all. But the name rings in your head. Thomas Sangster. You're going to work with Thomas Sangster! Ah, crap! What did you do to deserve something this goodly bad? Or is it this badly good?

"Crap!" You say it one last time before you get on Pinterest.