The First Day

(First day of eleventh grade for Iris)

You grin at Juliette as you open the door for her, "Are you excited?"

She shadows her eyes and raises her brows, "For walking around a living hell for the next four years? Totally."

You grin, "It's not so bad."

Juliette and you walk through the door. She mutters, "It's not so good either."

You spot Sidney and Percy waiting for you on the wall to the right. People stare at them as they pass by. Percy looks bored and careless, in a plain button down shirt. You don't have to dress up at this school, but Percy has always taken to looking nice. Sidney is lost in thought, in jean shorts as she leans against the wall. Neither of them pay any attention to the obvious stares they're getting. Percy, at least, is used to being the center of attention and he likes it that way. Sidney has not quiet gotten used to the stares, but she's learned to ignore them half of the time.

Percy looks over to the door, his eyes flickering to you for half a second. A mischievous smirk plays on his lips, "About time, Walters."

Several people look over at you when his voice raises above the crowd. Sidney's eyes turn to you and she offers a small smile, "You guys look cute."

You smile, "Thanks."

Percy steps forward, "We almost thought you weren't gonna show."

"I thought about it." Juliette mumbles.

Percy smiles, "Nonsense." He gestures around the halls, "We own these halls, Juli. Everyone here knows us."

Sidney rolls her eyes, "Only because they think we're all hot. If we were ugly we'd just be another face in the crowd."

You pat her shoulder, "And for that, we're glad."

"But everyone knows Percy's hotness out does us all!" You hear the playful voice echo towards you.

You feel a smile spread across your face as you turn and Tobias and Zy swaggering towards you.

Juliette scoffs, "You wish."

Zy walks over to her, placing his hand on the wall and pressing her up against it, jokingly, "I dont know, Juliette. Your clothes cover too much for me to be able to tell if you're hot. Why dont you come over after school and take off a few layers so we can decide?"

You furrow your eyebrows and scowl at Zy. He's always been like that. He's joking of course. That's just his personality. He's done that with you before but this is your little sister. And the amount of space inbetween them makes you want to bash his face in.

Juliette nudges his shoulder, "Perv."

Percy steps forward, laughing with Tobias. He pulls Zy off Juliette, "Dude, cut that out. She's a fish. Still innocent."

"Just a little freshman." Tobias teases, playfully.

Zy strokes Juliette's cheek, "A green bean."

You hear a farmillair voice, "Do we already have a sex scandal on our hands on the first day?"

You look over your shoulder to find Willa and Vanessa approaching you. Eyes follow them down the hall as Willas hips swish back and forth and Vanessa approaches confidently.

Juliette looks offended, "No."

Willa laughs as she and Vanessa stop in front of you.

Vanessa looks at Sidney excitedly, "Soccer try outs after school!"