Harmony

You sit in your normal place on set. The orage couch near the back that still has a good veiw of what's going on.

You recently became addicted to the book series Dork Diaries and that's what you're reading. You think it has something to do with the fact that Thomas makes you feel kind of like youre fourteen years old and this is what fourteen year olds read, so here you are. You've actually started to get pretty into it.

"Ugh! Mackenzie is such a jerk! You belong with BRANDON!" You mutter to yourself as you turn the page.

You momentarily forget you're twenty years old.

You've gotten pretty good at blocking out the bustle of the set, although, sometimes when you hear Thomas you peek over your book and watch him for a minute.

But not in a creepy way.

In a crush like way.

In a fourteen year old crush like way.

You sigh as you continue to read the pages.

Then you feel a tap on your shoulder.

You look behind you.

Kaya.

Yay life.

"We should talk." She says quietly.

"Now?" You ask in a whisper.

She nods.

"What about?"

She gestures for you to follow her.

She's not going to apologize. You know that.

You sigh and get up, walking out of the room.

She stops in a quiet hallway where we're out of hearing range.

She talks quickly, "You and Thomas are obviously good friends and dispite my warning you continue to be good friends. Which is either brave or stupid or both because he's a player and he's just in it for sex. That's all he's ever done. And I know neither of us like each other because of our battle over Thomas and I know it's been awkward around the studio because of it. So I'm going to make a suggestion."

"Oh really?" You say trying to put a little annoyance into your words.

"I suggest we learn to harmonize."

You blink, "Harmonize?"

"Work in harmony." She says. "We've still got months that we've got to work on this set together and occasionally make eye contact and even, although it kills me, talk to each other on occasion. So let's just make it known that I think we should just agree to disagree and be done with it. It'll save us so much more time than butting heads about every little thing."

You consider this. It isn't a bad idea.

Gosh, you just admitted Kaya had a good idea. Ew.

"Fine." You say. "We harmonize."

Kaya nods, "Good. That's what I wanted to hear."