Hope

Warm, snuggly and sleepy.

That is how you feel when you are not akwakened by your alarm clock at six in the morning.

So thank goodness it's Saturday.

You squint your eyes open and rub them. You have a deep love of Saturadys. Who doesn't? You throw your arms over your head and stretch, making little baby dinosaur noises.

Then you remember-

Thomas is in your living room.

And he should be asleep on your couch.

You throw your covers off quickly and are greeted by a not warm and snuggly feeling. Cold. You scrunch up your nose and grab a blanket to wrap around yourself.

Then you walk to your door and crack it open. You can see the living room couch from your bedroom door. And there Thomas lays, sound asleep and comfy under a blanket. You grin at the sight. He looks like a little five year old. You resit the urge to squeal and fan girl.

Quietly you tip toe out of your room and to the kitchen. You snatch a muffin from the counter and quickly make some hot chocolate. Then you stick you head into the living room and watch Thomas as he sleeps.

What does one do in a situation like this?

You finish eating and take your hot chocolate and a book into the living room where you sit criss cross on your recliner by Thomas and wait for him to wake up.

About half an hour later you hear him shifting and you peer over your book to see him stretching. He rubs his hands over his face and then opens his eyes.

And then he freaks out.

He sees you sitting in the chair watching him and he jumps up as if he's had a heart attack.

"HOLY- What? Did I?-" He stutters as he looks around.

"I DID!" He says in horror.

You merely laugh, "You looked too comfortable last night. I couldn't wake you."

"Yes, you could've!" Thomas says wagging a finger at you.

"Well, it's too late now." You shrug.

Thomas grunts.

"You hungry?" You ask.

"You don't need to fix me breakfast." Thomas says quickly.

"Yup, I do." You say standing up and walking into the kitchen.

He jumps up and starts following you, "Iris! You don't have to fix me breakfast! I am a big boy and have big boy trousers and everything. I can even button them myself!"

"And I am SO glad you have to ability to button your own pants, you have no idea, but look-" you grab a muffin and hand it to him, "Breakfast. Super easy. Done. It took me two seconds."

Thomas purses his lips and raises and eyebrow at the muffin before he snatches it out of your hand, "Fine. I will eat a bloody muffin, but you are not allowed to cook."

"Okay." You agree. You grab your coffee pot and say, "But I am making coffee and you're going to drink it."

"I will not argue with that one." Thomas says with a nod as he sits down on a stool.

You quickly make coffee and pour him a cup.

"Thanks." He nods.

"Mm-hmmmm." You mumble.