Nicknames

*two months later*

Thomas looks down at a cooing Bradley.

"Hey, Bradley. How ya doing? Hey, Bradley. Hey."

From where you stand in the kitchen, you can see Bradley smile.

Thomas grins at him, "Hey, Bradley. Yeah. Hey, Iris, Bradley is smiling at me."

You chuckle, "He's smiled tons of times before."

You hear a cry and look back over. Bradley lays on the couch crying. Thomas furrows his eyebrows, "He was smiling two seconds ago. I dont get it."

"He's a baby." You shrug.

Thomas has already scooped Bradley up and carries him around, "Our child is bipolar."

"He is not." You roll your eyes.

"Is too." Thomas holds Bradley and uses his baby voice, "Isn't that right, Bipolar? Yeah. That's your new nickname. You're Bipolar. It's a good fit, huh?"

"Dont call him Bipolar." You say.

"He's Bipolar." Thomas grins, walking out of the room.

"WE'RE NOT GOING TO CALL OUR CHILD BIPOLAR FOR A NICKNAME!" You yell after him.

"SHHHH, YOU'LL WAKE SHAD!" Thomas calls back.

You hear a cry from Shads bedroom.

You sigh.

Too late.

- - - -

Thomas holds Shad over the water.

She's about to get her first bath!

You sit on the bathroom counter, camera in hand.

"Go ahead." You say.

"Okay," Thomas says, making Shad smile, "We're going to put you in the water! It's going to be so fun!"

He sets her in the baby bath.

Shad let's loose a surprised face.

Then she shivers and her face contorts into cries.

Thomas laughs, "She doesn't like it!"

You laugh too and take a picture, "Well, hurry up and quick wash her off."

"She's like a gremlin." Thomas mutters.

"What? How?" You frown.

"Because when you put them in water they turn evil and they're all like ARGHHHH!" He says, shouting over Shads cries.

You give him a confused look and shake your head.

Thomas keeps his eyes on Shad, "That's a good nickname for you too, huh? Bradley already has a nickname. You need one too! So we have Bipolar and Gremlin!"

"Dont call our daughter Gremlin! She doesn't look like a Gremlin." You say.

"I didn't say she looked like one. I just said I'd call her one." Thomas nods.

"Oh, my gosh." You shake your head as Thomas rinses off the wailing Shad. Or Gremlin.

He pulls her out of the tub, "Come on, Gremlin. Let's get some clothes on you."

*A Year and Half Later*

You sit in the passengers seat, Tom at the drivers wheel. He stops at the red light.