Silly

"The brownie mix is at the top of the pantry." You tell him as you reach under the cabinet and grab a pan.

Thomas peers in the cabinet and reaches up on the top shelf, "Aha!"

He hands you the box and you read the directions. You've made brownies a million times but you always double check the directions because you're slightly paranoid of setting your house on fire. Bakers issues. You wonder is Peeta Mellark ever had that problem.

"Brownies are like the easiest things to bake. You dump the powder in a bowl and add the nessicary ingredients. So, you get out the oil, and I'll get the eggs and the water." You instruct.

"Okay." He says, cheerfully, bouncing on the balls of his feet a bit.

He spins around to the pantry again and you step over to the fridge. You swing open the door and peer on the shelf's. You spot the yellow egg carton and grab it. Immediately, you realize its light weight and open it.

Darn it.

You click your tounge, "We don't have enough eggs."

Thomas turns around, his limber figure in the doorway of the pantry, "Do you really NEED that many eggs?"

I blink, "Of course you do, silly."

"Do you want me to run out?"

"I can go with you." You offer.

"That's not nessicary. Stay here and relax. I'll be back soon." Thomas says smiling.

He comes over and plants a kiss on your forehead, "Love you."

You smile softly, "Love you, too."

He grabs the car keys off the ring and waves as he walks out the door.

- - - -

Thomas POV:

"Hello?"

"Hey, how's the flight going?" I say, nonchalantly.

"Boring." Dylan sighs.

"Sounds memorable." I say sarcastically, "So here's the deal. I've been sent to the store, but while I'm out, I'm stopping at a jewlers to pick out a ring. We actually went to this jewlers the other day. It is in the mall. And I dragged Iris in there, because she was eyeing the place. Anyway, long story short, there was this one ring that it looked like she really liked, so should I get that one for her or a different one?"

I can practically feel Dylan's belittling look, "Duh, dumbo."

"Awesome." I say nervously.

"You doing okay?" Dylan asks, seriously.

I sigh, "I'm okay. Just really nervous. What if she says no?"

Dylan snorts, "She won't say no, silly."

"That's the second time I've been called that today." I grumble.

"Probably because it's true." Dylan says.

I sigh, "I should go. I'm almost to the place."

"Okie dokie. Let me know how everything turns out." Dylan sings.

"Sure thing." I say, "Bye."

"Bye."

- - - -

"Oh, you're the young man from yesterday." The woman smiles.

I grin, feeling a little jittery, "Yeah. Um, I was wondering if I could get that ring?" I point to the ring Iris tried on.

The woman smiles and nods, "Of course! But you remember it was one size too big? Would you like us to resize it? It's just twenty five dollars extra."

I blink, "Oh. Um, yeah. How long will that take?"

"At least one day. You can come pick it up tomorrow evening, just before closing time." The lady smiles.

I nod, feelings slightly relieved for God knows what reason, "Great. That'd be great."

"Very well." The lady says nodding, "I'll need to see your ID."

I pull out my ID and show the lady, "Mr. Sangster...." She writes down on a note paper. She takes the ring out of the case, "I'll put this in the back for the resizing and keep it there until tomorrow."

She chats as I pay for the ring, "So how long have you two been dating?"

I glance up, quickly, "Almost a year now."

She blinks, surprised, "A year? That seems like a awfully short amount of time to decide that you love someone."

I smile a little bit as I write the check, "Oh, I decided that I loved her a LONG time ago. I just finally decided it was time for us to get married."

The woman nods, looking impressed, "Wise words."

I flash a quick smirk, "Thanks."

"I'll see you back here again tomorrow, Mr. Sangster."

I nod before I turn on my heel, "Yes, you will."

Author:

WHAT DO YOU THINK????

I know, I know.

"Katie, stop torturing us and get him to propose already!!!!"

I'm getting to it. Hold your horses.

So on the YouTube channel thing - my Mum is being a parent and sadly, will not let me post any videos. You'll have to wait a few years on that. :-P

But anyway, I have the day off tomorrow so I'll either be super productive with this story or I won't.

That's all for now!

-Sunny