Let's Party

Thomas POV:

Dylan opens his door, glaring at Thomas.

"She's awake." Thomas says quietly.

Dylan blinks and his eyes don't seem quite as annoyed anymore, " Well, that's a good thing, right?"

"Yeah...."

Dylan frowns, "So, what's the problem?"

"I have to go talk to her now."

Dylan rolls his eye, "Well, talking to each other hasn't really been a problem in the past. You've gotten in trouble with Mr. Ball several times because you talk to her so much."

"But it's different this time! She was in a car accident and it was my fault!" Thomas says voice cracking, "What if she hates me now?"

Dylan snorts, "First of all, you have no idea how ridiculous you sound right now. Seriously, let me go get my tape recorder-" Dylan starts to walk back into his room but Thomas grabs his sleeve, "Get back here!"

"Okay, okay, fine." Dylan smirks, "Second of all, the car accident was not all your fault! It was partially yours. But it was also partially Iris' because she made the conscious decision to answer the phone while driving. And it was also partically the drunks fault. Actually, it was mostly the drunks fault, for driving while he was freaking drunk! So stop beating yourself up dude!"

"Third, she's not going to hate you. She's not a hateful person. She likes just about everyone. Unless you're a jerk. So stop stressing and grow a pair."

Thomas nods, "You're in charge of telling everyone that she woke up. I have to go down there and see her, she's asking for me."

Dylan wiggles his eyebrows, "I bet she is."

Thomas rolls his eyes and smiles, "See ya, dude."

"Later."

- - - -

Thomas tried to feel confident as he walked down the hallway to Iris' room. But he was nervous. And for no reason at at all. Thomas decided he didn't like the whole being nervous for nothing feeling.

He just wanted things to be normal again.

He finally reached it. Room 604.

He took a deep breath and knocked lightly.

"Come in." He heard Kelsie.

Thomas nudged the door open and stuck his head in. He could see Kelsie from here and Iris' legs, due to the short hallway before the room. He stepped in and walked forward. He looked at Iris until she was fully in view.

When she saw him, she took a relieved breath, "Thomas."

He smiled, "Hey, Iris. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was in a car accident." She says with a small smile.

"This whole thing really sucked." Thomas says quietly.

"Yeah."

There's an awkward silence for a minute.

Finally Kelsie says, "Well, I'm going to leave now."

Kelsie gets up and quickly walks out of the room. I guess she figures they have things to catch up on.

They stare at each other and the wall and the floor for an uncomfortable minute.

Iris sighs, "Come, sit down."

Thomas nods and sits on the bed next to her.

"I heard you feel like it's your fault." Iris sats quietly.