I Did It!

Thomas POV:

Today is the day.

I WILL ask her today.

End of story.

UGH. No I won't!

These are the thoughts in Thomas' head. They seem to bounce back and fourth every eight seconds. Nervousness squeezes his stomache and if he'd been able to eat anythting this morning he probably would have thrown it up.

He perches on the bathroom counter looking at himself in the mirror. Why on earth would Iris tell him yes? Had she looked at him longer than five seconds? Had she seen his nose? Or his eyes! They were way too far apart. Plus the fact he had no beef on him.

"Ugh!" He groans yet again and throws his head back, "I'm a failure and I've fallen for a girl! What happened to one night stands again? I like those. Those were nice. Feelings weren't involved."

He slide off the counter. He had a bit of a habit of talking to himself when he was alone. He just hoped the walls were sound proof.

Thomas was always surprised when people complimented him. He always acted like he knew he was amazing but he always was nervous about something. Acting was a great tool for him. That was probably the one thing that kept him from doing something stupid. Improv. He had pleanty of practice talking to awkward people.

Just remembering some of the weirdos he'd talked to....

Thomas laughed to himself.

"Why are you laughing alone in your room?" He heard a voice come from the door.

He jumps and whirls around. There stands Dylan and Ki with their heads poked in.

Thomas groans, "Dude! How did you even get in here?"

Dylan waves a key card in front of his face.

"How did you get that?" Thomas asks furrowing his eyebrows.

Dylan rolls his eyes, "Because I'm Dylan O'Brien, that's how."

"What do you want?" Thomas sighs.

"I want to know why you're laughing alone in your room." Dylan says as he and Ki step in.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about some stuff from a while ago."

Dylan wiggles his eyebrows, "You thinking stuff about Iris?"

"No. I already told you what I was thinking about." Thomas says sitting on his bed.

"Mh-mmmm." Dylan says disbeivingly.

"I'm not kidding." Thomas says, suddenly finding himself very angry.

"Whatever dude. I just-"

"I'm so sick of her!" The words start to fall out of his mouth, "I'm so sick of thinking about her and worrying about her. And how I should ask her out and I'm bloody sick of having her in my head. I wish I could just go back to when I didn't really care about a girl so I could just be old me. The one that didn't think about love and all that freaking mushy crap and I wish I could forget her-"

"Whoa! Bro! Calm down for a minute. Did you two....did you two have a fight or something?" Dylan asks furrowing his eyebrows.

Thomas sighs, "No."

Ki mouths something to Dylan and then leaves the room.

Dylan sits down next to Thomas, "Okay, dude. You realize you don't mean a thing you just said right? You're jumping way too far ahead, like you always do and not thinking things through. You obviously feel something for her man. You've known her two months now. That's decent enough time to say you have a crush on her. I think in the beginning it was just about getting laid though. Am I right?"