Time for Dinner

You turn down the farmilliar street. Although, it is cold you outside you feel warm and excited. You smile as you pass the houses and recount the memories on each corner. Then you spot the large, two story, brick house you grew up in.

You turn to Thomas and point, "That's it. Right there."

He raises his eyebrows, "Nice."

You turn your Pirus into the driveway, which is already filled with cars. Percy's old man car - a Lincoln, Juliette's blue punch bug, Sidney's yellow smart car.

You cut off the engine and look at Thomas. You can tell he's nervous. You smile, "You ready?"

He looks at you and briefly grins, "Yeah. Of course."

The two of you get out of the car, grab your luggage and walk to the front door. You don't bother knocking, you just walk in.

Your house smells like an antique store and baking. You hear a movie playing. From where you are in the house, right as you walk in, there is a large open staircase to your left and the dining room to your right. The ceilings are high, making the house echoy and a little cold. The front door is in perfect view of the family room, seeing as there's a large doorway, a joining the front hall and the family room.

On the couches and various spots in the room, is your family. It takes you back, years ago, to family game nights and late night snowball fights in the chilly Utah air.

Your family looks up and spots you. Several of them jump up immediately to greet you, "IRIS! THOMAS!"

Your sister and Sidney are the first two to respond. They leap up, running to you and embracing you in a group hug. Juliette notices Thomas standing awkwardly off to the side and pulls him into the hug too.

You laugh, Sidney's dark hair covers your eyes, "Guys....I can't breathe!"

Your whole family has gotten up, pausing the movie to greet the two of you.

Next, your Uncle Sanders approaches. You know Uncle Sanders is an intimidating man. He is big and tall, built sort of like a bear. He has a round stomache, and the top of his head is bald, leaving the sides sticking out in crazy dark curls.

His voice is booming and demanding, "Iris, how are you doing?" He embraces you in a hug. When he pulls away, he studies Thomas, "Looks like you've got yourself a boyfriend."

He's teasing of course, but next to Thomas he looks like a giant, so you don't blame Thomas for his mild look of fear. Thomas smiles and hold out his hand for Uncle Sanders, "Nice to meet you."

Uncle Sanders laughs, snatching his hand, "My boy, the pleasure is mine. I love meeting my next meal."

You hear Aunt Pirea, "Leave the poor boy alone, Sanders. He's had a long drive and he's probably nervous enough as it is without you teasing him."

Your Aunts voice is quiet, unlike your Uncles. The best way to describe a Hungarian accent would be sort of Italian, sort of Russian sounding. They have their own style but they're similar.

Your Aunt steps forward, black curly hair cut short as usual, "Iris, my girl, good to see you."

You smile, "You too, Pirea."

Aunt Pirea turns to Thomas, "And so glad to meet you! We've heard so much about you! Iris is very fond of you. We're so glad you'll be joining our family."

Thomas smiles, "Thank you, ma'am."

Juliette looks at Sidney, crazed eyes, "Listen to that accent!"