More Handsome

Ever since you were little you remember Pride and Prejudice being your favorite movie. You and your little sister would watch the longer version for hours on a Sunday afternoon. Then afterwards the two of you would walk around the house talking with British accents and pretending to judge people. When you got older, you read Pride and Prejudice in two months, which you considered to be a huge accomplishment. You started branching out and read Sense and Sensibility and a lot of other Jane Austen novels. You had nearly all of them on your self and a quote from one of the books on your wall, so really Thomas shouldn't have been that surprised when you sat him down and forced him to watch it.

His complaint, "But this is about love and mushy stuff! They dress funny. And talk funny."

"And you're about to sit there and watch it with me." You'd said with a nod.

At this time you were approaching Mr. Darcy's infamous line.

"And this is where Darcy makes his HUGE mistake...." You mutter to Thomas, who grunts in return.

"She's tolerable, I suppose. But not handsome enough to tempt me." Colin says.

"You know, I know the man that plays Mr.Darcy. I was in a movie with him." Thomas says looking over at you.

"I know, I know. Watch the movie." You say pointing to the screen.

Thomas clicks his tounge, "Why do they call them handsome?"

"Who?" You say, still staring at the screen.

"The men? Why do they call the women handsome?" He asks.

You furrow your eyebrows and shrug, "I dunno."

"But you're the Jane Austen expert." He justifys.

"Doesn't mean I know about her. Or the people and the way they talk. You should know! You're British. So are they, so YOU tell ME."

"Well, how am I supposed to know?" Thomas says after a moment of thought.

"Exactly." You say with a nod.

Thomas sits quietly for a minute, his eyes on the screen.

"Do we have to keep watching this?" He asks.

"Yes. We do." You say, grabbing his hand so he doesn't slip away.

- - - -

"But I don't understand why we have to go to the store." You say walking into Target, right on Thomas' heels.

"We need to get something " Thomas says simply.

"What?" You ask exasperatedly.

"Something."

You sigh and follow him back....to the women's clothes section.

You frown, "What are we doing here?"

"Stuff." He says, searching around.

You shake your head, "I don't know why I even ask anymore."

You watch as he rifles through hangers. Teenage girls walk by giving the two of you strange looks and you do your best to ignore them and not be embarrassed.

"Aha!" Thomas say proudly, holding up a shirt.

The shirt says three words.

"I'm with Batman?" You ask.

Thomas nods, "Now, come on."

He hands you the shirt and grabs your free hand, pulling you along to the men's section. He heads towards the back wall and it doesn't take long for you to notice what he's after.

A Batman T-shirt.

He snatches his size off the rack and whips around to look at you, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Want to try them on?"

You smile, "We're getting matching shirts?"

"Not just matching shirts, my flower. Matching outfits. I just ordered a pair of black converse yesterday." He gestures to your feet. You're wearing matching converse.

You chuckle, "You're funny."

"We should try them on!" He says bouncing on the balls of his feet, "We're going to look awesome!"

You shake your head and don't even try to cover up the grin, "Okay."

"Yes!" Thomas hooks his arm in yours and skips back to the dressing rooms, "Okay, now you go in that one and I'll go in this one so we'll be right across from each other." He says pointing to a room.

"Yes, sir." You say steping into the room and slowly closing the door.

You can't help yourself from smiling. It's just too funny that THOMAS, the manly man, wants MATCHING shirts. At least they're Batman shirts. You look in the mirror and notice for about the millionth time the look of pure joy you get when youre around him.

You chuckle and shake your head a bit as you quickly take your shirt off and put on the Batman shirt. It's a little tight. Not that you mind, it's fine with you. It makes you look really well. Black is a good color on you.

"You ready?" You hollar to Thomas.

"Just a second." He calls back.

You wait by the door until you hear, "Okay, open your door!"

You unlatch it and swing it open.

Apparently black is Thomas' color too because he looks hot.

He looks you up and down, a smile spreading across his face, "I like it!"

You laugh, "Me too."

"You look handsome." Thomas says, making fun of Pride and Prejudice a little.

"You look MORE handsome." You say batting your eyelashes.

"It's decided. I'm buying us the bloody shirts." He looks content.

"You should let me pay for mine." You argue.

"Nope. I'm sorry that's not happening." Thomas says nodding once before he steps back into his dressing room.

You sigh and shake your head, "I'm an independent women."

"Well, then you can independently watch me buy you the shirt." He says, grinning as he closes the door.

You put your own clothes on and walk out of the changing room. Thomas is alrrady dressed and ready.

"Come on, let's go check out." Thomas says holding his hand out for you.

"M'kay." You say. Your heart flutters every time you touch him or even hold his hand.

As you walk to the register Thomas mutters, "We're going to wear these on our next date."

"What's our next date?" You ask hopefully.

Thomas grins sideways at you, "Shouldn't you know what my response is by now?"

You shrug, "Probably."

"We're getting to know each other pretty well, huh?" Thomas says.

"Yep." You say, with a bit of sorrow. You think back to the day you first met him. And the day you first saw Nanny McFee. And your first date with him. And the first kiss you shared. So many memories in so little time.

You smile at the ground as Thomas wraps an arm around your shoulder, "We sure are, Tommy."

Author:

Sorry for the short chapter!

Another one coming up soon!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

-MK