Dream

Have you ever missed someone so much you feel physically sick?

Your stomache churns and you feel like a vicious beast has made its way into your stomache. Part of you feels like laying down and the other part is restless and feels like pacing. It's terrible. It's a terrible, terrible disease called love. But you don't realize that's what it is.

You feel jittery and jumpy as you get on and off the couch. You drink lots of orange juice. Orange juice is your sick drink. Everytime you've been sick you've drank orange juice because orange juice fills the soul.

Around two in the afternoon you settle down, felling as tired as heck. As you lay there, slowly falling asleep, you think. The hardest part about missing Thomas is that you used to talk to him everyday. And now you can't. And as you close your eyes, you wish he was right there with you.

- - - -

In your dream you see purple ribbon hung from the ceiling and clipped to the wall, in an upside down arch. Small twinkling lights. Several farmilliar faces. Kelsie, your Mom, Dylan, and Thomas. They're all dressed up for some sort of special occasion. But you don't know what. There are just flashes in and out.

Then there's a flash. A VERY memorable flash. Thomas is laying right next to you, fast asleep in bed. His hand resting on his chest, his hair, as usual, sticking in mulitiple directions. He's breathing slowly and evenly. He looks so peaceful. You try to will yourself to reach out and touch his arm, just to see if he's real, but your arm doesn't cooperate. Then there's a flash of Thomas on the ground coloring and grinning, in his pajamas. And you see him in the seat next to you in a car.

But the strangest vision of all comes next. Two children. A boy and a girl running towards you and throwing their arms around you, laughing. You're laughing too. They jump up and down and point and you look up to find Thomas walking in after them. You smile even wider now. He's comes closer to you and his arms spread out for a hug. You can almost feel his strong, warm embrace before you wake up.

Your eyes snap open and you jerk upwards.

Remembering your dream, your breathing becomes heavy.

And that's when you break down and start weeping. You weep like you've never wept before.

- - - -

"You know they say that if someone appears in your dreams that means they miss you a lot." Kelsie says, sipping her coffee.

"Well, him missing me was a lot cuter when it didn't disrupt my sleep. And force me to wake up crying." You say sarcastically, "Plus, who were those kids? I don't know them. I can't miss them and they can't miss me if I don't even know them."

Kelsie shrugs, "Just telling you what I heard. Maybe you do know them. Are you sure you don't remember them?"

"Positive." You confirm.

"Well, what am I supposed to tell you, then?"

"Something positive and uplifting." You say as the two of you walk out of Starbucks.

She thinks, "Then how about I tell you this- it's a Nathan Scott quote.

It's hard when you miss people. But, you know, if you miss them that means you were lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing."

"Well, knowing people at all sucks if the whole missing someone is involved." You mutter.

"Maybe it sucks, but would you trade the time you had with Thomas?"

She's got you there.

You think and scowl at the ground, "No."

"Excatly."

But you still wonder what that dream was.

Author:

WHAT WAS THE DREAM????

EVIL LAUGHTER.

I've heard some of you are having trouble with getting my full story to pull up. If you ever have a problem, just message me your email address and I'll copy the chapter and email it to you. :-)

I just realized earlier that I'm about halfway through this story.

Sadness.

Anyway.

I'm tired and sleep is calling me.

Wait, no.

That's my Mom.

She want me to do chores.

Yay life.

Sigh.

BYE!

(BTW, COMMENT, FOLLOW ETC.)

-Sunny