Surprise

*one month later*

"That's the last box!" Thomas calls. He walks in a mover right on his tail. The mover slides the box on the table and Thomas follows him back out the door to pay him.

Thomas had been very efficient in finding a house. You figured it was probably record time for anyone to buy a house, pack up the old place and move into the new one. Dylan and Ki had helped of course. They still hasn't left either. You think the city has grown on them.

But you loved your new house. When Thomas was looking you'd told him to find something logical. And surpringly, he had done that.

The whole house was very open and airy. The kitchen, dining room and family room were all pretty much one room, with no walls separating them. The floors were made of dark wood. The walls were painted white. It was two stories with a basement. It had three bedrooms and a bonus room. Plus a walk I'm closet. And you definitely weren't complaining about the hot tub on the back porch.

You sigh and pick a box to start unpacking, setting it on the kitchen counter so you dont have to sit down and go through the struggle of getting back up. You'd better set the kitchen up first because that is something you can't live without.

Thomas limps in on his crutches, "Unpacking already? Take a little break. Celebrate the victory! We just bloody moved!"

"And i'll celebrate when everything is 'bloody' unpacked. What good is moving, when the place is unlivable?" You nod.

Thomas swings over, "It's livable." He presses his nose against your cheek, "See? Look! I'm living."

You smirk a little and push him away, "Stop being all seductive and cute! I've got a job to do."

Thomas grins and moves behind you. He sets his hands on your waist and presses his lips to the back of your neck, "Am I being seductive and cute now?"

His lips tickle your skin and send noticeable shivers down your spine, making Thomas chuckle. You turn around and whack his arm, " Seriously, cut that out! The girls are coming over in a few days to give me a surprise baby shower and I want the house to look nice!"

Thomas frowns, "A 'surprise' baby shower? If it's a surprise, the how come you know about it?"

You shrug, "Well, naturally, after they planned it every girl called me and told me. They knew that it's be just awful if they showed up and I was in my pajamas and I hadn't had a shower, so they called to give me warning."

Thomas gives you a confused look.

You shrug again, "I want them to surprise me, but I dont want them to SURPRISE me. You know?"

Thomas' mouth twitches up in amusement. He turns around and walks over to the couch, "Whatever you say, flower."

Then your phone rings.

You sigh and pull it out of your pocket.

Ah, Juliette.

You drag up the answer icon.

"Hey, Juli."

"Hey, Iris. How's motherhood?"

"Just dandy. I just wish I could get enough sleep." You shake your head and grab the sciccors, tearing open a box.

Juliette laughs, "Yeah. Every time I see a cute kid I remind myself how wonderful it is to sleep through the night."

You shadow your eyes as you pull out cook books and slide them in the shelves, "I hate you."

Juliette giggles, "Yeah, well, you'll have to deal with it. I'm going to be your kids favorite aunt, anyway."

"Nope. Definitely going to be Ava."