Easy Does It

"Cold, cold, cold, cold!" You squeal, as you throw the door to your apartment open.

As much as you love winter, you were not ready for the cold yet. The bitter air bites any skin it can get to, chilling you to the bone.

You step in the door and slam it shut, leaning against it, as if that prevents the cold from entering your warm abode. You look up and see Thomas on the couch, remote control in hand, as he stares at you, amused smirk planted firmly on his lips, "Is it a bit cold outside?"

You shiver, "A bit is an understatement."

Thomas chuckles, flipping through the channels bordly. He'd been house searching for a month since he returned, but since the two of you were now engaged, you told him to just drop it. He could stay in the spare room. It would make wedding planning a lot easier, anyway.

"This seems like the perfect time for hot chocolate." You say, standing up straight and heading towards the kitchen.

"You wouldn't want to make me some would you?" Thomas calls.

"Sureeee." You drawl.

You snatch out two mugs and fill them with milk, prepping the hot chocolate. You have to call several people today. Your parents, your sister, and Kelsie. Plus Shea and Sarah and a few girlfriends from high school. And your cousin. This is going to take a while. You have to tell them you're getting married before anyone else.

As soon as you'd said yes and finished the video, Thomas had wanted to put it on YouTube. But you forced him to wait for the both of you to tell your parents and other special people in your life before the media got ahold of it.

You finish the hot chocolate and take the mugs into the living room, handing one of them to Thomas, "Yes! I love you!" He says excitedly taking the cup.

"Mmhmmmm." You hum in response.

You grab your phone off the coffee table, take a deep breath and dial your parents number. The phone rings two times before our get an answer.

"Hello?" You hear your Dads gruff voice answer.

You smile, "Hi, Daddy."

"Oh, hi, dear. How are you?"

You chuckle and look down at the ring on your hand, "I'm great. Is Mom around I need to tell you guys something."

Thomas looks at you, suddenly becoming very interested in your conversation. He mouths, "Are you telling them?"

You nod and he watches anxiously.

"Your mother's right here. I just put you on speaker phone." Your Dad says.

"Okay." You take a deep breath, feeling the nervous happiness take over, "Well, as you know, Thomas and I have been dating, for almost a year now. Two weeks till a year. And things have been pretty serious. So just the other day he, uh, actually proposed to me."

You hear your mother gasp on the other line.

You finish slowly, "And....I said yes. I'm getting married!"

Your Mom cries on the other line, "That's wonderful, sweetheart!"

Your Dad grumbles, "Good for you."

You laugh, "Yeah. So I just wanted to tell you guys. We haven't set a date yet. But I'd like you to meet Thomas. So I was wondering if he could come meet you around Thanksgiving?"

"Of course! You two are welcome to come at Thanksgiving! He's very welcome! I can't wait to meet him!" Your Mom pipes up.

You smile, "Great. Well, I've got to tell Juliette and a few other people, but, I'm glad you guys are so excited."