All the Little Babies

Two days in the hospital.

But they say they're going to let you out today.

You don't really mind.

You're getting to know Bradley and Shadow.

You look down at the baby smiling, "I like this baby."

Bradley has his fathers eyes. Big brown doe eyes. You're going to have a lot of trouble saying no to these eyes.

"I am never doing that again, so I hope you like the idea of two kids. Never gonna happen. Excruciating pain. I'm not gonna lie. I didn't love it." You tell Thomas, but when you talk you look at the baby and speak in a higher pitched voice than usual.

He grins, "You might change your mind."

"Trust me, I won't." You say, smiling at Bradley.

Thomas holds Shadow in his arms. He's taken a liking to the little reddish blonde girl. He's been singing them to sleep. And keeping you comfortable. He's actually been really sweet.

Just then Sidney and Will walk back in the room from getting lunch. Sidney is laughing, but when she sees Thomas with Shadow she holds her arms out, "My turn."

Thomas smirks and holds out the baby. Sidney smiles at her as she takes her, "Hey, Shad. How ya doing? Am I your favorite? Yyyyes."

Will chuckles, looking at the baby over his shoulder.

All of a sudden the baby let's loose a cry.

Sidney looks distressed, "I didn't do anything! I swear!"

Thomas laughs, "She's a baby. Babies have the tendency to cry."

"Someone take it!" She says, as Shadows crying gets louder.

Of course, now Dylan and Ki pick an opportune moment to walk in.

"Sidney, what did you do to the baby?" Dylan says, in a scolding tone.

"Goodness, Sid!" Ki shakes his head.

Sidney glares at them, "Here, you take her then."

You start to protest, "Umm-"

"Okay, I will." Dylan nods.

Ki speaks up, "No, stupid. You're not Will. That's Will." He points to Will.

You look over at Thomas worried. He just shrugs it off.

Um, excuse me, sir.

You just pushed this thing out of you and you don't want to break it right away.

Dylan takes the crying baby and cradles her. He shushes her and soothes her, "Shhhh. It's okay. I took you away from the evil lady. What's that? Oh, yeah. I know she's funny looking. But I have you now."

She stops crying at least.

Sidney scowls at him and whacks his arm.

You look at him amazed, "You made it stop!"

Dylan nods, "Her NAME is SHADOW. And yes, I did. All the ladies love me!"

Sidney scoffs, "Whatever."

Dylan dances around the room singing to the tune of All the Single Ladies, but he changed the words up a bit.

"ALL THE LITTLE BABIES. ALL THE LITTLE BABIES. ALL THE LITTLE BABIES. ALL THE LITTLE BABIES."

He steps over to you and sings, "NOW GET YOUR MAMA!"

He lays Shadow down in your arms. Shadow looks up at you, her little mouth in an O shape.