Ask Smart Questions

Swimsuit. Check.

Sunscreen. Check.

Water. Check.

LOTS of food. Check.

Towel. Check.

Time for the beach.

"Babe! Are you ready yet?" You hear Tom groan from the front hall.

"Patience, Apple-john! I'm making sure we have food. You know neither of us could survive without it." You say, in a scolding tone.

"We have pleanty of food! Did you see all that bloody crap I threw in that pink beach bag of yours? Plus I'm highly certain they have a Walmart in the area if we get hungry. And if things get extrme - a McDonald's." Thomas say. You can hear the sarcasm behind his voice.

"Okay, Mr. Smarty Pants, I'm coming. Why don't you come help me by getting this box?" You say, sassily.

You hear a few footsteps and then Thomas walks into the kitchen. Swim trunks on. An old T-shirt and flip-flops. His hair fluffed up. Gosh, he looks hot.

You have this sudden urge. And it's stronger than any of the other ones you've had before. You don't know how to describe it and you don't really want to. You kind of want to....you know.

This realization surprises you and Thomas must recognize it.

"What's up?" He says, frowning as he hefts up the box.

You shake your head, blushing, "Nothing."

Thomas tilts his head, and furrows his eyebrows, looking amused, "Somethings up. What are you thinking about? You looked at me funny."

Your eyes get wide, "Nothing!"

But he knows. And the smug idiot grins. He slides his box down on the kitchen table and wraps his arms around you chuckling, "Where you having dirty thoughts about me?"

You feel color rise to your face, "No way!"

Thomas laughs and kisses your forehead, "Don't worry, flower. No one can resist this body. Besides, we're dating. It's natural to want each other like that."

You start to say something then pause. He's just given you an idea, "Do YOU think about me like that?"

This gets him.

He pauses uncomfortably, "We should go."

You laugh as he tries to pull away, "Hey, no! Answer my question!"

You grab his arm and pull him back so he's facing you, "You ever think about me like that?" You ask raising an eyebrow.

Thomas clears his throat uncomfortably, red taints his cheeks, "Of course."

You grin, "Awwww." Although you tease him, you really are pleased, "That's sweet!"

Thomas tries to escape, grumbling under his breath, but you stop him, "Hey, no! It's okay! It's only natural. No one can resist this body, anyway."

He grabs the box and makes his way towards the door, you giggle as you follow him out, still saying things like, "And since we're dating, it's okay. It's not at all embarrassing. Hey, Thomas? Are you listening?"

- - - -

You're surprised the weather is this nice in early November. You expect it won't be this good for much longer. Last beach day of the year. Sadness.