Moment

You slam your car door shut, stepping on the gravel road. The warm summer humidity attacks you from all sides.

Ah, yes.

What a INCREDIBLE idea it was to go camping in the middle of the summer.

Dylan whoops from the other side of the car and runs over to the spot you've reserved for your tent. It's right by the lake. The lake sparkles green right by your area. A lot of people fish over here. About three hundred yards away, there is a long bridge that you can walk on to get to the other side of the lake, where there is a play ground, docks for boating and a huge field where you have plans to play Frisbee and soccer.

Thomas walks over, looping an arm around you and kissing your temple. "This'll be fun, eh?" He mutters into your hair.

You smile and try to have an upbeat attitude, "Yeah."

Will pulls one out the tents out of the back of the car. The five of you would be using two tents. You would have one to yourself, because when Ki and Dylan found out that neither Will or Thomas had been rough-camping with a bunch of guys, they demanded that they all sleep in one tent together, to give Thomas and Will a good taste of the Boy Scouts of America.

Apparently, both Dylan and Ki had been a boy scout, which you found REALLY weird. You could not see them as little squishy faced kids, learning how to make a fire and whatever.

Dylan looks excited as Will walks over with the tent, "Okay, where are the instructions?"

You blink and raise your eyebrows, "A man that actually uses instructions? Color me surpried."

Dylan shakes his head and talks with a feminine tone, "Surprised isn't your color, honey. We'd better color you impressed, with a little stripe of sexy right down the middle."

You roll your eyes as Dylan continues talking, "Anyway, yes. I use instructions. Because I want to do this crap RIGHT. So, bleh. I mean, I could go off memory, but I haven't been camping in like, five or six years, so I wouldn't reccomend me doing that. "

You nod, "Fair point, my honorable scout."

Next to you, Thomas asks, "What's the point of being a scout? It seems kind of lame."

Kis' mouth drops open, horrified, "YOU seem kind of lame!"

"Yeah!" Dylan nods, with dignity, "Being a scout is about....um, honor....and truth....and, er, some other stuff that I can't remember - but it was really MEANINGFUL."

Will folds his arms and frowns, jokingly, "Oh, yeah. We can see just how 'meaningful' it is to you."

Dylan scowls at Will, "Just get over here and help me set the tent up."

Will chuckles as all of you hover over the tent and try to figure it out. There are a lot of, "No! That stick- pole thingy connects to that stick-pole thingy!" There are several, "No, you freaking idiot! That green tarp loops through that and THEN you fold it over!"

"You mean the roof?"

"Whatever!"

And there is a lot off cussing, that you do your very best to ignore.

Finally, about an hour later, both tents are set up. They even look semi acceptable to sleep in....

"Not bad." Will mutters, as the five of you look at the out come of your painstakingly hard work.

"Not at all." Dylan agrees.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Thomas asks, lacing his fingers through yours. Sweat beads your forehead. There's not much you can do about it. It's buggin' hot out here. Besides, the guys are about five times more sweaty, so you don't feel too bad.