Hakuna Matata

Thomas POV:

I sigh, "Okay. I'll call you later."

"Right. Bye!" She says, sounding disappointed.

I hate doing this to her.

And myself.

To us.

I miss her. But not in some cheesy let's hold hands and be together forever way (although that would be a plus). I just miss her plain and simple. I miss her presence and her thoughtfully confused smiles and her pursed, concentrating lips.

I used to be content being alone. But even though I was content with being alone, sometimes I'd watch a movie or read a book and realize, that while I was okay with being alone, I didn't want to be lonely. I had accepted that I was too robotic to experience this thing called love, but that it might be nice to feel or be felt that way one day. Just to understand it. And now I realize what I've missed out on my whole life. And it took me 24 years to find it. And I'm not anywhere close to understanding it. But I guess that's how it's supposed to work.

I sigh as I stand up and walk to the front door. The doorbell rings again.

"Goodness! Be patient, man!" I hollar.

"Patience is for the weak!" I hear from the other side of the door.

I throw open the door and glare at the two men on the other side, "I hate you both."

Harry grins, "Shut up. You love us."

Will rolls his eyes, "He loves me more. I'm patient and not crazy."

"Ah, but we've been friends longer." Harry says stepping in and throwing a playful arm around me.

Harry had been my good friend for a long time. Since high school in fact. He'd always been known as cool and flashy. He got into a lot of fist fights in high school and had been suspended about three times. But I had still become good friends with him.

"Whatever." I say, rolling my eyes a hiding a smile from these dorks I call friends, "What did you guys come over for, anyway?"

"We didn't just come over, mate! We're all going out! Drinking! We haven't done that in a good long while!" Harry grins.

Will raises his eyebrows. Will knows I don't want to. Will knows how much I've changed. I'm not the party boy anymore. But Harry doesn't realize that.

"I don't really WANT to go out drinking tonight." I say slowly.

"Come on, mate! It'll be good for you! You've got to get that Iris chic off your mind! Loosen up!" Harry says patting my shoulder.

"I don't want to get her off my mind. She's my girlfriend." I mutter.

"Fine, whatever. You can still go drinking. It'll be fun. Guys night out!" Harry says excitedly.

I look at Will.

He's giving me a "You don't have to if you don't want to" look."

I sigh. I feel like I have to. I haven't seen Harry in forever.

"Fine...." I breathe out.

"Alright! Let's go!" Harry says dragging me out the door.

"You're going to do something stupid. You always do when you drink." You warn Harry.

Harry grins, "Hakuna Matata, mate."

"That's not my theory anymore." I mutter.

Will and I share a glance.