Age Can't Slow Me Down

And here we have the dreaded day of the year. The worst day of the year that you wish everyone would just forget. When everybody wants to do something for you, but you just want to be left alone.

Your birthday.

Birthdays were fun when you were little but now they're tiresome and annoying. Everyone wants to talk to you on your birthday. They want to give you stuff. They want to tell you you're special and whatever.

But you dislike birthdays because you feel like the world thinks they owe you something on your birthday. Just for exsisting. I mean, you gladly exsist EVERYDAY. You get older EVERYDAY, but do they celebrate EVERYDAY? Noooo. So you don't see why they should the day you were born.

And you figure that's a good excuse.

And dispite all your best efforts, people manage to find out that it is anyway. You don't even write your birthday in the calendar, you just put a pretty little star.

So when you wake up the morning of your birthday, you expect NOTHING from Thomas. You throw on some cargo pants, and an old sweatshirt, get up and make some coffee because you're going to need a lot of energy to get you through this day.

You snatch a mug after the coffee is finished and pour it into the mug. You hear a noise from the other room and seconds later, Thomas walks in, "Morning, flower!" He says cheerfully.

"Hey, babe." You say, accepting a kiss on the cheek as he walks by. He walks over towards the fridge, but stops in front of the calendar, "What's this star on today's date?"

You stir your coffee, nervously, "It's ....a lady issue."

Thomas walks up behind you, placing his hands on your hips, "Meaning?"

You sniff, and shift uncomfortably, you're going to be in trouble....

"I've started my period."

Thomas wags a finger at you, "Liar."

Your mouth drops open as you try to cover, "What are you trying to say?"

Thomas squints at you playfully, "Today is your birthday."

You look at him, a confused look on your face, "What would give you that idea?"

"Erm, your best friend AND your sister." Thomas says counting them off in his fingers.

You click your tounge, and sit at the dinning room table, "They suck."

Thomas grins and sits down next to you, craning his neck so he can see you better, "Now that we've established that, what do you want to do today?"

You shrug, "I don't know. We don't have to do anything, really."

"Mmmm, yeah, we do." Thomas says, thoughtfully.

The two of you sit quietly for a minute. Thomas is in deep thought. Maybe he dropped the birthday thing?

Then he jumps in his chair and whirls around to face you.

Yeah.

Never mind.

"I just had a bloody brilliant idea." He says slowly.

"Spill." You say. You get a little excited seeing the gleam in his eye.

"There are a few things on your bucket list that are doable. Even with the rain." Thomas says gesturing out the window.

You stare at him for a minute. Then slowly a grin starts to spread across your face, "Have I ever told you how much I LOVE the way you think?"