Genius

Thomas POV:

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!

I squeeze my eyes closed.

No.

It's too early.

I hear squealing and giggling from down the hall. Iris and Juliette just woke up Sidney and Thalia. Across the room I hear Percy groan, "They're coming for us next."

"We could lock the door." I suggest, sleepily.

Percy shifts around in his separate bed, "Wouldn't help. Sidney and Iris know how to pick locks."

I groan again. Too early. Need sleep.

Percy and I are sharing a room while we're at Iris' parents place. Her parents didn't deem it appropriate for girls and boys to stay in the same bedroom if they weren't married or related. So Juliette and Iris share a room downstairs and Sidney and Thalia share a room down the hall.

I hear the giggling and whispering get louder and our door cracks open.

All four girls tiptoe in.

They stand over our beds and watch us.

"How should we wake them?" Thalia asks, quietly.

Suddenly, Percy sits straight up in bed, making the girls jump, "Death to any who try to drag me out of this warm bed!"

Then he flops back down, pulling the covers over his head.

I roll over and mutter, "Same."

I hear Iris, her voice mischevious, "Hang on. I know what to do."

I crack my eyes open. Iris wears a maroon sweater and jeans. Socks on her feet. Her hair in a braid.

Gosh, why does she look so good?

She creeps out of the room.

I quickly call, "Iris, dearest, what are you doing?"

"Stuff!" She calls back.

Juliette grins at me and follows Iris out of the room.

"Oh," Sidney says, "Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!"

"You know what i'm thankful for?" Parcy starts, " A nice warm bed! And I will show appreciation for it, by sleeping in it til the crack of noon."

"That's not going to happen." Iris says.

I look over at her and find her arms filled with pillows.

I squint at her, "What ARE you doing?"

She walks over and throws the pillows on me, "We are burying you in pillows."

Juliette follows her BAD example and starts piling pillows on Percy and I.

"How about no?" I mumble.

"No, no. This is good. It'll keep us warm AND they'll leave us alone." Percy says.

"Sidney, open the blinds." Iris orders.

"NO!" Percy yells.

"DON'T OPEN THE BLINDS! DON'T-" I cry.

Sidney yanks open the blinds.

I quickly sheild my eyes and stuff my head under a pillow.