Hello, My Name is Southern Hospitality

They call you in on the first day to put makeup on you. Makeup is pretty foreign to you. You like to keep the makeup simple and pretty and keep things classy. But they like makeup seeing as it doesn't make your face look shiny on camera so you make no arguments.

They escourt you into the studio where they are preparing and setting up for the filming that starts in a couple of days. Today is experimenting day. Today is find the perfect look day. As an extra you've done this several times before and know the drill.

Most places have separate make up rooms or trailers and the director will send you to one of those rooms and your makeup person will introduce themselves and look at you and decide if you're a warm golden or a fair and then they'll mess around with your hair to see how thick it is. After that is when you get down to business and they put on foundation and powder and they'll sometimes wash your hair to make it perfectly fluffy so they can get the perfect hairstyle. Then they'll get it approved by the director and you're good to go. You sit at the set being quiet for the rest of the day. Boom. You're an extra. That's all it takes - a pretty face and talent.

You show the gaurd your ID and he let's you in and escourts you to a tall handsome man, probably in his early thirtys.

"Hey, Frank." The gaurd says, "We've got another extra."

Frank has a clipboard in hand and is signing something off when he looks up. His eyes shine. He hands the clip board off to a short woman who quickly bustles off. Frank smiles, "You must be Iris. Pleasure to meet you in person! We've heard good things about you!"

"Thanks. I try to do a good job." You put your professional happy face on. Always make a good impression from the begining. If they see you smiling and happy they like you.

"And you haven't failed to do so, so far, with any of your previous employers. Anyway, we'll take you on back to the makeup room if you're ready?"

You look around a bit. Over Franks shoulder, "Uh, yea-"

You make eye contact with someone while looking over his shoulder. Not just someone. HIM. The one you totally haven't been obsessing over for the past few months. The one you haven't laid awake at night thinking about what a terrible idea it is to be in a movie with him. Thomas Sangster.

You feel your face get red as you quickly pull your gaze away. "Um, actually could I go to the bathroom first?"

"Yeah, of course. It's right over there."

Luckily he points in the complete opposite direction of Thomas.

"Great! I'll be back in a jiffy!"

You quickly walk towards the bathroom and you don't look back. You throw the door open and step in.

Ahhhh, safety.

You look in the mirror as you clutch the counter desperately.

Saftey from what? From someone you've idolized or more like had a crush on, since you were little? Safety from making a fool of yourself? Safety from having to talk to him?

Yeah, all of those sound about right. You'd more than most likely make a fool of yourself. But would you ever really talk to him? Probably not. He's a big famous celebrity and you're an extra. You won't have to talk to him. It'll be totally chill.

"But I won't have another panic attack." You tell yourself, "Don't act stupid, he's just another good looking person in the world. No biggie."

You look at yourself again. Your cheeks aren't red anymore. They just look like they have a little color to them. That's okay. It's all good. Good to go.