You Can Choose Us!

You are NOT going to cry.

Just watch. You are SO going to cry.

Why does he have to leave? He doesn't NEED to go back to London does he?

You feel a little bad. You've hardly put any thought into the fact that Will and Ki and Dylan are leaving too. Although, Thomas is your boyfriend so you cut yourself a little slack.

You sigh and look at yourself in the mirror again, for about the hundredth time this morning. You wanted to look pretty this morning. But a casual pretty, because this is going to be the last time he sees you for a long time. You went with a light blue tank top, jeans and red keds. Your matching bracelet on your wrist.

You tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. Maybe mascara is a bad idea? Your eyes burn and you blink trying to force yourself not to cry. Pull. Yourself. Together. You'll see him again. Eventually. At least you still have Pinterest. You smile at the thought. Six months ago, you had to get on Pinterest if you wanted to see him. But now if you wanted to see him all you had to do was take a five minute drive.

But now all of that was coming to an end.

"UGH!" You groan, "Why is liking someone so complicated? Why can't love be more simple?"

You've got to leave your apartment and go out there. Even worse you've got to face the fact that Thomas won't be around. But you don't want to face a fact if it's one that painful.

You hear your phone buzz and look at the text.

Thomas.

"About ready?"

You take a deep breath. As ready as you'll never be.

"Yeah. I'm on my way."

You finish you're own thought, "From happiness to misery today."

- - - -

"So if you were a character in a fairy tale books what would you be? The princess? The hero? Misunderstood villain? Fairy godmother? Frog prince? Narrator?"

You laugh as you pull into the airports driveway, "The NARRATOR?"

"It's an important part of the story!" He says smiling.

You shake your head, "I would probably be the Fairy Godmother."

He looks at you curiously, "How come?"

"Because I like making people happy. It'd be nice to grant wishes and be a little petite fairy, with wings and dust."

He laughs, "You're funny."

You glance over at him, "What about you? What would you be?"

He looks over at you thoughtfully, "It'd be nice to be the hero."

You look over at him, "You will be someday. If there's something you want, you've got to go out there and get it. Make yourself available to be a hero and you will be."

"You think so?" He asks studing you.

"I KNOW so." You confirm.

He hums and looks out the window. You think of his letter and sigh. He sent you that. And now he's leaving.

"My turn to ask a question?" You ask.

He looks back at you, "Go right ahead."

"Guilty pleasures? What do you like to do?" You smirk.