Play Like a Pro

"Seriously? That's your question? What do I have on my CLEANING LIST today? You can do better than that! I know you can." You roll your eyes, from the passengers seat.

Thomas glances at you, playful curiosity etched on his face, "I'm genuinely interested in what you need cleaned today."

"You just want to help me do chores." You mutter.

"And what on earth do you have against that?" Thomas laughs.

"Because I am your hostess AND your girlfriend and I have to make thing nice, and pretty, and shiney, and sparkly FOR YOU." You say, being very gesticulate.

"Just tell me, Iris." Thomas raises his eyebrows, keeping his eyes calmly on the road.

You sigh, "I need to sweep, take the trash out, clean the shower, put away my clean clothes and dust the bookshelf."

"I can dust the bookshelf." Thomas offers.

You look over at him, "You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?"

He shakes his head, "Not looking bloody likely."

"Fine. Dust the bookcase." You look back out the window, "That question was agonizing. Seriously. It was like you asked me what color panties I'm wearing."

Thomas sits quietly, eyes on the road. Then he looks over at you, a twinkle in his eye, "What color panties ARE you wearing?"

You whack Toms arm softly, "I'm not telling you that, stupid!"

He chuckles, "Yeah. Love you too."

He pauses, silence filling the car for a minute. He hums, quietly, beating his fingers against the steering wheel.

"Oh, right!" He exclaims distractedly, "Your turn!"

"Hmmmm," You hum to yourself, "What is something you need to get better at? For your own benefit?"

He keeps his eyes on the road, a lost, thoughtful look in his eye, "Probably drinking water. I don't do enough of that. Need to stay more hydrated."

"Yeah. Stay hydrated. No trips to the emergency room for dehydration. In thrid grade my little sister had to go to the emergency room for dehydration. She was in there for like two weeks." You tell Thomas.

Thomas frowns, "That must've sucked."

"Yeah, no kidding." You mutter.

Thomas glances sideways at you, "What about you? What could you stand to be better at?"

You think for a minute before you mutter, "Probably....wearing sunscreen. When I go hiking. I don't like sunscreen. It's sticky and gross so I never put it on."

Thomas clicks his tounge, "You need to wear sunscreen, flower. Going to get skin cancer."

"Yeah, yeah." You brush it off.

There's a moment of silence as the two of you sit in deep thought, "So how good are you at golf?" You ask.

Thomas smirks, "I don't want to brag or anything, but I'm pretty good. I could be a professional if I wanted to....but, acting is where I want to be."

You laugh, "What were you saying about me being humble the other day?"

Thomas shrugs, grinning, "You know what they say, 'birds of the same feather stick together' or something like that."

"Definitely, something LIKE that." You say giving him a belittling glance.

The two of you are going mini golfing this morning. You expect this is the only date you'll ever know what you're doing. And the only reason for that is because you helped plan it.